UKTV Gold Christmas Cracker Joke Competition Page 5

...I also read they'll contact the winners within a week of the deadline. I shall keep all my bodily parts crossed for BCGers.

Me too Michael.
I thought I had written a decent one but over time my confidence in it has ebbed away. I even had a few retweets of it and someone 'favourited' it.

But there were thousands and thousands entered. More like a lottery I reckon. :)

It'll probably end up being like the Huffington Post "Funniest Tweets of the Week", which end up featuring the same names, every week.

Looks like the winner has been announced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520648/Miley-Cyrus-having-Twerky-Christmas-dinner-Twitters-best-cracker-joke-year.html

Whilst the joke is quite clever surely the problem with using topical jokes is that most crackers are produced ages before Christmas because they are usually manufactured in China and then imported into the country ready to be in the shops for September. Crackers are also expected to have a long shelf life so will the 'Twerky' gag still be funny in 12 months time or 2 years time.

What a rubbish joke and unoriginal.

I think one of the runner up jokes is Tony Coward's, the days are numbered one?

Yes Tony is mentioned on the tweet as is Terry Adlam who has done quite a lot of topical radio stuff amongst other things.

What happened to the audience vote? The winner is totally unoriginal, this joke is all over the internet.

It's like the first joke anyone would think of, turkey/twerky.

It's like how in the 1990s only the League of Gentlemen did Gordon Brown/Golden Brown and even then it was ironic.

Because it's so obvious. Kudos to the lucky guy who won, but these jokes contests seem to be mostly random.

Although I thought TC's advent joke was clever.

Did you win?

Well done.

Well done Richard

If I'm your brother does that mean I'll finally get a decent Christmas present from you this year?

Congrats Richard :)

Well, I just don't want the one of you naked with the goat, that you sent me last year. You look happy enough but the expression on the goat's face still haunts me.

Was sworn to secrecy but can now reveal, yes, mine was the Advent Calendar one which came 8th.