UKTV Gold Christmas Cracker Joke Competition

Hi, I don't think this one-liner competition has been posted on the forum yet, so here goes: (info copy-pasted from http://gold.uktv.co.uk/article/join-gold-our-search-find-ultimate-christmas-crackers/)

Join us in a bid to keep Britain cheery and share the love of laughter this Christmas, and enter our national competition to find the perfect Christmas cracker joke. We are inviting all wordsmiths, wits and gag writers to submit their new, original and funny seasonal jokes via Twitter!

To guarantee the groan count is low and Britain is roaring with laughter, we are offering a £5,000 incentive and a chance for one lucky winner to feel like a member of the royal family and have their very own personalised Christmas crackers made! The remaining nine entrants who make the final top 10 will also receive £150.

HOW TO ENTER

Open to all aged above 18, the jokes must be suitable for a family audience and must be original content. To enter please:

- Follow @GoldTVChannel

- The joke must be Christmas themed and include the hashtag #GoldCrackers

- The joke must not be more than 140 characters including the hashtag

- Multiple entries will be allowed

- Must be original content

For further information on the terms and conditions please visit the Gold website

The competition opens this Monday 30th September 00:01, 2013 and will close on the 21stOctober 23:59, 2013.

The best new seasonal jokes as voted for by a comedy panel led by critic Bruce Dessau will be put to the national vote - with the top ten best new jokes being announced in December.

I'm a bit thick.

The Ts & Cs talk about sending your entries to their page, so does that mean you need their username @GoldTVChannel as well as the hashtag #GoldCrackers?

Or is it just the hashtag that's needed?

-----------------
EDIT - They've confirmed that it's just the hashtag.

I think it's just the hashtag that's needed (that's what other people seem to be doing at least). They probably want you to follow them so this comp gives em a follower boost, and maybe so they can direct message the finalists.

Can't there be any other way of entering? I don't want to get into Twitter.

Sounds like a job for Steve Sunshine.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 2 2013, 9:07 PM BST

Sounds like a job for Steve Sunshine.

Best pitch for a new TV action show ever.

Ha! I'd watch.

Cheers Dantrobus.
I've stuck a couple on just now.

EDIT

Didn't read the posts above
Laughing out loud :$

Like moths to a flame us lot for the next few weeks :)

Why's UKTV Gold like my Uncle Jack?

They can both stick their Christmas Crackers up their arse.

There, you can use that.

Is that why your uncle jacks asking if I can put

A cracker?

The festive season can be tough for some, suicide rates rise with people throwing themselves off bridges left right and centre.

No-one ever likes a Christmas jumper.

Myself and a few other BCGer's are mentioned in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/GoldTVChannel/status/385807910967996416

Including me.

sorry but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU

and you know who you are, but for heavens sakes don't send.

"Father Christmas says ADD OLD NONE CHRISTMAS RELATED JOKE2

Bobbed a few on my Twitter earlier, feel free to have a gander if you're that way inclined.