Gags for my final Peterborough FM radio show... Page 2

Here's the show page: https://www.facebook.com/events/166912906841699

The Pleasuredome Pick'n'Mix is an Internet community radio show on Peterborough FM...and this Saturday's could be the very last episode ever. After 82 shows over two years your host Jeremy Orbell, that's me, is taking a break from the airwaves until the beginning of 2014 at the earliest. Join us as I look back at some of the Pick'n'Mix's finer moments since that very first one hour broadcast on Thursday 13th October 2011.

Keeping me company will be me old mucker and school chum ROBBIE GREGORY while MARC RIGARLSFORD of the LOCK-IN show will also be dropping by. During this two hour swansong we'll be playing some more classic tunes from previous shows and also some material that for whatever reason never made the final cut to be broadcast on air.

I had intended to mothball the TRIPLEPLAY QUIZ and THREE AFTER 909 but they're back for one last time. If you can crack the Tripleplay by spotting the theme between the three chosen tracks then contact studio@peterborough.fm and I'll endeavour to give you a shout out on air. For the 909 the playlist has been put into the hands on a young man who is actually listening in for the very first time - he's chosen a smash hit from the 70s plus couple of top choons from the last 12 months or so.

We've got a PICK'N'MIX themed OCCASIONALLY EDUCATIONAL quiz and also a brand new British Comedy Guide JOKEFEST full of gags and one liners on the topics of FOOD, DRINK and PARTIES. In addition we will replay a favourite UNSIGNED SHOWTIME song plus a particularly nutty WILDCARD track. Elsewhere look out also for some classic clips and bloopers from the archives which are sure to amuse and confuse in equal doses. I will also reveal my absolute best ever moment on the show - people who know me will probably be able to guess what it is. :)

All in all it's looking set to be a great night so tune in at 8:00pm on Saturday evening by clicking the 'listen online' button at www.peterborough.fm. For listeners outside the UK here are (I think) the following local start times for the show...

Saturday: Vancouver 12:00 (PDT), 13:00 Watrous (CST), New York 15:00 (EDT), Paris (CEST) 21:00, Johannesburg (SAST) 21:00, Istanbul 22:00 (EEST), Moscow 23:00 (MSK).
Sunday: Mumbai 00:30 (IST), Hong Kong 03:00 (SGT), Tokyo 04:00 (JST), Sydney 05:00 (EST)

Failing that there's always the podcast! http://peterborough.fm/podcasts

Sacked????

That sounds like one hectic schedule - I'm sure it will be a good one, looking forward to it!

Lovely work, will be sorely missed.

Thank you for listening in - I'll post the Soundcloud link in a day or two. Not feeling great today

Only just got around to uploading the file. Let me know what you think...

https://soundcloud.com/pleasuredomepfm/bcg-jokefest-food-drink

Thanks to all who contributed :)

Frankie Yeates Riddoch
John McGlade
Dan Sweryt
Joel Soetendorp
Michael Monkhouse
Neil G
Chris Frost
Stephen Holford
Judgement Dave
Crispin Fisher
Adrian Fisk
Andy Gilderdale
and me

Cheers Tuumble, will give it a listen at lunch.

Nice to be alongside such esteemed company :)

Yes, cheers Tuumble! Nice to here the gags out loud.

Dan

Cheers Tuumble - have a good break and hopefully we'll see your return to the virtual airwaves someday.

And well done all - some fun jokes in there.

I think my favourite (not by me) may have to be the cashew beer one.

Quote: Judgement Dave @ October 22 2013, 5:23 PM BST

Cheers Tuumble - have a good break and hopefully we'll see your return to the virtual airwaves someday.

And well done all - some fun jokes in there.

I think my favourite (not by me) may have to be the cashew beer one.

Not the 'It's my party and I'll fry if I want to' then? (That was mine) ;)

The cashew one was very good. The one that got the biggest laugh in the studio was Bayleafs/Bailiffs one

:D Yay!

Dan

Good stuff Tuumble
Thanks for involving us all.