Hi all from another newbie.

Hi.

Stumbled in here around the time I found out about the 2525 open submission thing (the day before the deadline). Have lurked for a few weeks but it's starting to feel a bit rude to do so, so... Hello. I'm Flo, I'm very new to comedy writing, just submitted my first ever attempts to NewsJack - having managed to become distracted for the last two weeks and then the noon deadline today - must do better. Not 100% I got the format right - the submission guide/tips refer to 'quickies' as well as one-liners - my first 'one-liner' was about 140 words - is that too long? It was about God denying any formal pact with the devil (at least for the time being). Also did a couple of 'and finally's...

Anyway. Hi.

P.s. anyone else do (purposely) non-comedic i.e. serious writing as well as the comedy stuff?

Hi there. Ditto- in that I discovered BCG through the BBC Writers Room. I was actually just looking 'on spec', and found the opportunities list. I submitted something to 2525, in a sudden rush of comedic energy...

As they are probably swamped with emails, it could be a little while- so I'm trying to get the 'rush' back for something. Need a deadline! Haven't felt the Newsjack urge just yet.

Hi Fred,

Yeah, I saw the 2525 folk updated their submissions page to say there would be no news until they're looking for an audience. I'm going to have to discipline myself to avoid email/twitter watching... At least newsjack is quick if not necessarily painless. Re-read mine now, and their genius wit has faded unbelievably since submission :| . Still.

Thanks for info- as times passed I had been looking out for an email... not sure how quickly things get turned around when material is accepted.

I couldn't see any updates on the John Stanley web pages. I still quite like what I sent, but I have follow ups and character development which I am hoping will be needed! Errr

Hello and Welcome Wave

Hi and thank you! :)

Hi Florence!

Hi :)

Hi and Hi! :)

Another newbie! Hello!

Hello Wave

Hi fellow newbie, hi Shandonbelle. Distracting myself from looming NewsJack news/no-news with a bit of fiction writing this morning. Huh? (I've never used a forum with smileys before, trying not to get carried away)