Bread on DVD?

?
Hi guys,
I'm from New Zealand and I collect British sitcoms on DVD. One of my favourites is Bread, by Carla Lane. I have series 1, 2, 3 and 4 but I can find no trace of 5, 6 and 7. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Joe.

We can't get them here either

Personally I'm not too bothered

By series 5 some of the cast left and were replaced with other actors

It didn't work well and the show suffered IMO

Quote: LordOfTheTrance @ September 28 2013, 10:39 PM BST

?
Hi guys,
I'm from New Zealand and I collect British sitcoms on DVD. One of my favourites is Bread, by Carla Lane. I have series 1, 2, 3 and 4 but I can find no trace of 5, 6 and 7. Any help or advice would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Joe.

They've never been released.

Simple as that. Sorry.

They can be found online in certain places, but of course illegal and unsatisfying for DVD collectors such as ourselves. And they're probably recordings of cut repeats, not full episodes.

Normally at this point I say something like "It's only a matter of time before they're released", and I hope that is indeed the case here, but the first four series were released by just about the worst, most unreliable DVD company around, Universal Playback, so I have no real guarantee or faith in such an assertion.

Having said that, the excellent Acorn Media have picked up a number of previously-Playback shows in recent years, so there is some hope...

Despite Series 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 having been released many years ago by Playback, it was in HMV yesterday, much to my surprise! I'm not a fan of Bread but it is a shame that fans can't get hold of the other series.

8? hmm here is the release of the full set

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/bread/buy/4042/bread_the_complete_series_dvd/

:O About !!! time the rest of this was released. It's been 11 years since that grotty Series 3&4 box set was released that only contained Series 3. I really do hate Universal Playback, their releases are terrible! They messed up Last Of The Summer Wine and Hi-De-Hi! and Brush Strokes. Where are the rest of the series individually? I thought they would have been released before a complete series set.

Artwork has been added to Amazon.

Artwork still not confirmed but the set has actually been released

Quote: G180e @ 30th September 2013, 9:25 PM BST

I'm not a fan of Bread.

Same here - could never see its appeal.

I never liked Bread but I have ordered it off Amazon for some reason