New Saxondale

I watched a few episodes of the first series of Saxondale, but wasn't overly impressed. Saxondale is a really good character and I thought that perhaps they would learn from the failings of the first series. But they didn't!

I thought this weeks episode got off to a really good start with the therapy scene, but then the laughs just dried up.

I think Steve Coogan's writing should be kept to a minimum on ALL projects! He's a very good comedy actor and comes up with great characters, but his writing is not sharp enough. Admittedly, a lot of his characters are played with a strong smell of Partridge about them, but not always. I think that Paul Calf and The Curator are completely different to Partridge. So is Saxondale. And he's much better than Tony Ferrino!

There's already a thread about this. I agree with you though.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/343

Great character study. Don't think it's as funny as Partridge but not many things are. This and the IT crowd easily the funniest things on at the moment, proper comedy. Is it me or is there a lack of good new stuff and great new people coming through at the moment?

Well the lack of new blood is endemic of the whole industry. Let's stick with proven formats and talent, spend the most money on the best actors, sets and directors so if it does flop, "well we did everything we could, let's try again."

Sorry, just loaded up on Bambi vs Godzilla, great book by the way.