Peterborough FM Jokefest - your theme is TRAVEL

For those who don't know (or had forgotten) the Pleasuredome Pick'n'Mix is a two hour radio show on www.peterborough.fm. Over the last few months we've done BCG jokefests on Time, School/Education, Moving House and Animals.

The next broadcast will be between 8:00pm and 10:00pm on Saturday the 7th September and I'm after material based on the subject of...

TRAVEL

I'm looking only for emailed gags and one-liners (no recordings) simply because it makes it easier to edit. The deadline for submissions is very tight - I will need your material by 11.00pm this Friday and should be sent to pleasuredome-pfm@hotmail.co.uk or PMd to me on BCG.

I'm afraid I can't offer payment but it is at least a chance to have your material read out on air - you will of course be name checked in the show itself. Please tell me if you want to be credited with your actual or forum name.

I want to give everyone a chance so my aim is to include at least one joke per BCGer. I can't promise to include everyone every time but I shall do my best. I occasionally take a liberty or two with material with minor rewrites but I'd rather get agreement between me and the writer before doing that. For that reason the sooner you can get your entries in the better.

If you have any questions then just ask away...

The Show's Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleasuredome-PicknMix-Radio-Show/265217560183882 - give it a like! :)

Consider it dung.

Any more for any more? It would be worth people dropping me a line to say they were thinking of sending something so I know what to expect.

Go on - you know you want to. :)

I'll send some Tuumbledore

Shall raid my archives tonight

I've written a few which I'm going to polish tonight and submit tomorrow.

I plan on sending some in on Friday

I wrote just one but Tuumble said he liked it so I'll be chuffed if it's in the show.

If anything remotely unfunny springs to mind,, I'll let you have it Tuumble :)

I'm incapable of writing anything this far from a deadline, but I'll definitely send something on Friday.

Brill - thanks everyone.

As I've just said a PM to someone about this this very much an amateur production but it is a proper radio station so it's still a nice thing to be able to add to your writer's CV. :)

An old favourite of someone I used to work with. You won't want to use it but I thought I'd share for groan-ability. :D

Person 1: They're stopping the buses on Monday.

Person 2: Why?

Person 1: To let people off!

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 4 2013, 10:24 PM BST

An old favourite of someone I used to work with. You won't want to use it but I thought I'd share for groan-ability. :D

Person 1: They're stopping the buses on Monday.

Person 2: Why?

Person 1: To let people off!

Laughing out loud

...must...resist... :D

:)

The Facebook show page is now up. Click the link to say you'll be listening in and I'll give you shout out on air

https://www.facebook.com/events/515135131910667/

Just totalled up how many jokes that have been submitted - we've had 80!

Thanks everyone...oh, and wish me luck! :)