Etiquette on resurrecting old threads

Hiya Mods,

I am still relatively new here and I wondered what the etiquette is on posting to old threads? I know that you want generally to have one thread per series/persona, but on other forums I have been part of rules about not cluttering up the forum with old threads were in place. I thought I best ask. There are so many series that I'm just recently starting to find and I love being able to comment on them, even though they are so old, I just don't want to annoy anyone while doing it.

I think there's already an Etiquette on resurrecting old threads thread Ben.

Yes. If it's fine to have a thread for every ropey old British comedy then it's fine to resurrect old threads.
I wouldn't do it myself mind.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 2 2013, 12:05 AM BST

Yes. If it's fine to have a thread for every ropey old British comedy then it's fine to resurrect old threads.
I wouldn't do it myself mind.

:O

I am always utterly perplexed as to why some forums object to unloved threads being revived.

Quote: Aaron @ September 2 2013, 12:18 PM BST

I am always utterly perplexed as to why some forums object to unloved Hitler being revived.

I don't mind Aaron you get back to the laboratory.

I really hope you haven't quit your day job, sootyj.

Ooh that's mean!

Quote: Aaron @ September 2 2013, 12:18 PM BST

I am always utterly perplexed as to why some forums object to unloved threads being revived.

Yes - you can just close the ones you don't like.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2013, 12:18 PM BST

What about chancers trying to get on the first thread?

Yes, well...

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2013, 12:18 PM BST

That's all of the encouragement myself and Mr Sunshine need.

Laughing out loud

It's a quiet day at work as well today
Whistling nnocently

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd December 2015, 9:10 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

It's a quiet day at work as well today
Whistling nnocently

It's that time of year.

What time of year? Is there some sort of event coming up?