Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie Page 5

Hasn't Mrs Brown been around longer than Partridge though? I think you'll find her creation has been around at least 30 years, spawning one Hollywood movie before these current incarnations. He's tweaked it loads over the years but O'Carroll created her, invested in the stage productions and deserves her huge success now. It hasn't just appeared overnight, he's grafted years to get it where it is.

Whereas Coogan got given his TV sitcom just months after creating him on radio. I really don't think Coogan's been hard done by with AP. If more people go to watch MBB at the cinema, it's because MBB appeals to them more than AP. O'Carroll wanted that, he's an unashamed populist.

And O'Carroll is a genuinely funny bloke, have you seen him on interviews? He's as smart as any Coogan, Gervais or Pegg, your cool crowd of writer. Good luck to him.

Nothing new here, surely? He's in the Dick Emery/Benny Hill tradition, all of them much more popular with the general public than whoever was fashionable at the time. It's the same with all the arts: Andrew Lloyd-Webber more popular than Richard Strauss, Jack Vettriano over Francis Bacon.

Quote: Ben @ 5th July 2014, 9:48 PM BST

What does that even mean?

It's meant to mean you. "Most improving" is the superlative to "improving".

Generally speaking the trouble with forum posts isn't that they don't make sense, but there are too many of them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th July 2014, 9:02 AM BST

Hasn't Mrs Brown been around longer than Partridge though? I think you'll find her creation has been around at least 30 years, spawning one Hollywood movie before these current incarnations.

Not quite. Partridge - created not by Coogan but by Stewart Lee and Richard Herring - predates Agnes Brown, but only by a year (1991 and 1992). Both, incidentally, were born on radio.

Aaron is wise

As for D'Movie, isn't it nice to have a UK comedy film made because it might be profitable?

The film is getting a TV broadcast on New Years Eve on BBC One at 9:15pm. It aired last week in Ireland and became the most watched programme over Christmas.

According to what I read last week, a sequel to D'Movie is being planned. Is this true?

I'm watching it now and to tell you the truth it's shite, and I like the TV show.

Saw this over Christmas. Only got about 15 minutes in though. Seems to just be a pile of people swearing at each other. Loved the first two series... perhaps it needs the audience too.

I enjoyed the series but the movie was dire. The story was way too far-fetched and pointless, a common feature of sitcom spin-off films. Managed about 25 mins before I gave up.