I love comedy

When I was a kid we watched Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Fatty Arbuckle. Not a lot of talking, laughed my arse off though. Scotland

They sometimes showed Harold Lloyd and Laurel & Hardy films in the daytime when I was little, before I started going to school. I absolutely loved Harold Lloyd.

Quote: urbanmelody01 @ August 21 2013, 5:19 AM BST

When I was a kid we watched Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, Fatty Arbuckle. Not a lot of talking, laughed my arse off though. Scotland

I've always enjoyed Buster Keaton films especially the very funny short "The Scarecrow" and the feature "The General"

Quote: urbanmelody01 @ August 21 2013, 5:19 AM BST

Love Laurel and Hardy. Recognise the worth of Harold Lloyd. Always determinedly buck that awful "I never liked Chaplin though" trend. But still haven't seen most of their work.

Someone once said to me that the so-called maturing years are the best time to discover Shakespeare. I'm not averse to him but the silent films are far higher on my priority list.

Quote: zooo @ August 21 2013, 4:06 PM BST

They sometimes showed Harold Lloyd and Laurel & Hardy films in the daytime when I was little, before I started going to school. I absolutely loved Harold Lloyd.

I can see the likeness between him and Aaron.

Given some of the stunts he did in the days before stunt co-ordinators, health and safety checklists or CGI, it's amazing Harold Lloyd managed to live long enough to make as many films as he did.

Harold Lloyd was mental!

Brave, very brave

But he had to be off his rocker

If a cat has nine lives, he must have had about ninety

They were all mental in them days. In a time before CGI & co. Those actors weren't overpaid douchbags as they are today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LYCaLgTphA