Dick and Dom... Why?

Seriously, why? Why do they even exist? I admit, standards in comedy for children are considerably lower than that for adults, but these two are just annoying twats. Just for inventing the bogey game they should face serious jail time. And now they're having yet another stab at mainstream after their Ask The Family fiasco of a few years back!

If you want quality comedy for children, try the mighty Trevor and Simon. They were great, and a league apart from the likes of Dick and Dom.

I've seen a few hilarious clips of them, but ultimately, I agree.

Ant and Dec are much more a concern though, I feel.

Bogie was a classic game from Dick & Dom. Absolute Genious.

They used to go to restaurants, cinema's anywhere with loads of people, and shoout bogie at the top of their voices. They had a sorts commentator type guy giving comments on their performance, and a measurement of the noise levels.

Fantastic

However, they were a**eholes

I remember when they were normal on CBBC around 1998. He was Richard, and he was Dominic Wood - the resident magican.

haha I remember that-but I never found them that funny...haha except Bogie-which Andy and I played in supermarkets, encouraged by our dad and scolded by our mum

Quote: Dave @ August 22, 2007, 11:35 AM

I remember when they were normal on CBBC around 1998. He was Richard, and he was Dominic Wood - the resident magican.

Ooh going quite a bit back there. Richard McCourt and Dominic Wood. Sounded a bit more respectable, eh?

Bogies was classic in assembleys at school with ruder words.

I love Dick and Dom!
I used to see them wandering about Ealing when they lived together.

Actually their Saturday morning show was genius, you had to properly watch it all though, not just the Bogies game.
It certainly offered something very surreal and different to the usual patronising, inane crap kids get fed constantly on every other show.

I miss it. :(

I like them because, like Zooo says, they didn't stoop to patronising kids with 'edutainment'. Plus they managed to generate this news story:

Reuters: Britain's media regulator has chastised a presenter on a BBC children's television program for wearing a T-shirt with a sexually suggestive slogan.

Dominic Wood, co-host of the BBC Saturday morning show Dick and Dom in da bungalow, wore a shirt bearing the phrase "Morning Wood", a slang term for male arousal.

"On one level the slogan could be viewed as harmless, in that it was morning and the presenter's name was Wood," media regulator Ofcom said. "However it was also clear to some that the phrase had a sexual meaning."

Quote: zooo @ August 22, 2007, 5:02 PM

I used to see them wandering about Ealing when they lived together.

Sounds like your fantasy. Laughing out loud

Who remembers Edd the duck? A warped looking Count Duckula.

Ah, back in the day... :)

How about Gordon the Gopher?

As I remember Andy Peters was Ed the ducks co-presenter and Philp Scofeild was Gordon's.....Back in the broomcupboard days :D

I love Andi Peters!
Him, Edd and Take That just sum up my childhood.

Quote: Aaron @ August 22, 2007, 8:51 PM

Sounds like your fantasy.

Laughing out loud
You're not far wrong, there.

Quote: Gavin @ August 22, 2007, 10:29 PM

As I remember Andy Peters was Ed the ducks co-presenter and Philp Scofeild was Gordon's.....Back in the broomcupboard days :D

Correct!