A Touch Of Cloth 2: Undercover Cloth

Sunday 25th August 2013. Sky1. 9pm.

Hurrah!

Excellent excellent excellent

Hopefully they've figured out what works and what doesn't this time. Not that I didn't enjoy the majority of it before but I felt that there could have been more jokes, especially cartoony ones.

I bet it's tough to start a new genre, one that doesn't directly copy a formula that has already worked (such as Police Squad!). This definitely didn't feel like that, it was very British, which was great!

It's just that with something like Arrested Development about, that has now set a bar for whacky jokes and the amount that you can fit into a scene or setup for the next or future ones.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I'm happy to see it back.

Hated number one, can't believe they're actually making more! But this is only my opinion.

Quote: G180e @ August 4 2013, 6:55 PM BST

Hated number one, can't believe they're actually making more! But this is only my opinion.

It was probably the funniest thing on TV all year. Maybe in years. And there is another series already on the way after this one. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2013, 6:56 PM BST

And there is another series already on the way after this one. :)

Excellent excellent excellent excellent!

If they can sustain the whole thing over another three or four episodes without the joke getting stale/predictable and keeping ideas fresh (or, rather, refreshing familiar detective show storylines), that would be fantastic!

Looking forward to this as the trailer was packed full of good gags.

It was probably the funniest thing on TV all year. Maybe in years. And there is another series already on the way after this one. :)

Everybody's always entitled to their opinion. I've always said that, Aaron.

Really enjoyed the first series, looking forward to the second.

It does have that air of Police Squad about it, but with a very British approach.

This.

I loved the first series.

A comedy programme with jokes in it? Actual jokes!!! Whatever will they think of next.

That trailer (especially "I don't have a niece") has just made me laugh more than an entire year of BBC3's comedy output.

If any of you have Virgin Media TV service on the L or XL package, you can watch Part One already via On Demand, just to let you know!

Loved it. Was so glad to hear they were working on a new one. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Quote: G180e @ August 18 2013, 11:04 PM BST

If any of you have Virgin Media TV service on the L or XL package, you can watch Part One already via On Demand, just to let you know!

Noticed it was repeated last night, but only caught the end. I shall have a look tonight. Looking forward to the new one.

Does anyone else think that 2 episodes doesn't seem like enough to call something a 'series'?

Quote: G180e @ August 18 2013, 11:04 PM BST

Yes I was watching it last night.
That confused me for a sec when I saw the 25th on this thread