8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 1

The first series as opposed to specials.

Funniest thing I've seen this year. Susie Dent explaining tmesis, Rachel Riley being given a marrow, all the rules being thrown out the window.

Guest starring Danny Dyer. I'd like a Countdown guest like Tom O'Connor or Denis Norden next time though.

I liked it too. Didn't really care about that Dyer-fellow but it was alright. Brilliant decision to make this into series.

I've never watched 8 Out Of 10 Cats ever before and I watched last night's episode by chance and I enjoyed it. Will be watching again, I also love the fact how they throw the rules out of the window.

Can't bloody stand Jimmy Carr. He does my f**king head in with his laugh.

It was weird Carr reading his jokes from the cards at the start, I guess they don't have an autocue because of the layout of the studio or something.

This is a series now?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 27 2013, 5:27 PM BST

This is a series now?

Yes, started last night for next six weeks.

I've enjoyed these so far but I can't see the joke lasting. There's a limit to the number of times they can pretend not to know the rules for comic effect when they've already shot a dozen shows.

The beardy bloke they wheel in halfway through (I've forgotten his name) is going to need to up his game too. A comedy costume isn't going to cut it; he's no George Dawes.

Apparently the BBC are responding with Would I Lie To You Meets Pets Win Prizes...

Absolutely hilarious. The format works so well.

Brilliant! Absolutely hilarious from start to finish. And Danny Dyer was surprisingly funny.
"How did you get that word?"
"Coz I'm a clever bollocks."
Friday nights are sorted for the next few weeks. Wouldn't miss this for the world.

Is this definitely going to be six episodes? I looked in my TV Guide magazine and it says "1/4".

Six episodes have been recorded and the series was originally announced and promoted as such, but Channel 4 have since decided to cut it back to four editions. We presume the other two will be broadcast as specials at some point later in the year.

Oh, the buggers. I want them all now.

This is great.