Steptoe And Son Ride Again

Albert Steptoe and his son Harold are junk dealers, complete with horse and cart to tour the neighbourhood. They also live amicably together at the junk yard. Always on the lookout for ways to improve his lot, Harold invests his father's life savings in a greyhound who is almost blind and can't see the hare. When the dog loses a race and Harold has to pay off the debt, he comes up with another bright idea. Collect his father's life insurance. To do this his father must pretend to be dead.

It is a really great film. What do you think about this film?

I thought it had more heart than the first one, and I really loved it when I was a kid and begged me mam to let me stay up to watch it. Happy days, and it's still one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

Has Aaron or anyone seen that oil murder play? I have it is superb. There is a bit of singing in it

Steptoe And Son In Murder At Oil Drum Lane? Yes, I saw the original West End production. Very funny.

Quote: george roper @ 24th July 2013, 1:03 PM BST

It is a really great film. What do you think about this film?

Easily the best sitcom film ever imo. Script and story is brilliant: blind greyhound, London gangster after them, drunk Irish doctor, funeral used as excuse for a piss up, coffin used as a bar rest, spoof Hammer Horror graveyard scene. Magnificent it is. Excuse spoilers if you've not had the pleasure yet.

Fab quotes from this film, Harold tries desperately to get Hercules II to fetch a bit of wood.
"Seize it! No, over there ye dog pillock!"

It's hardly "infamy, infamy..." is it?

On Talking Pictures TV tomorrow (Saturday) 9.05pm.

Is that the one where Harold gets married and his Dad comes on the honeymoon too? That was on a week or so ago.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th June 2022, 8:45 PM

Is that the one where Harold gets married and his Dad comes on the honeymoon too? That was on a week or so ago.

No.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th June 2022, 10:41 PM

No.

Right. Maybe I'll record it then.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th June 2022, 7:13 AM

Right. Maybe I'll record it then.

Well, according to Alf's post above (which is why I thought I should highlight its impending re-showing):

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st April 2014, 9:53 PM

Easily the best sitcom film ever imo. Script and story is brilliant: blind greyhound, London gangster after them, drunk Irish doctor, funeral used as excuse for a piss up, coffin used as a bar rest, spoof Hammer Horror graveyard scene. Magnificent it is. Excuse spoilers if you've not had the pleasure yet.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th June 2022, 7:34 AM

Well, according to Alf's post above (which is why I thought I should highlight its impending re-showing):

That doesn't ring any bells at all.

Right. Recorded although I'll probably forget all about it.

Albert don't 'arf scrub up well.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 11th June 2022, 1:05 PM

Albert don't 'arf scrub up well.

He's very clean...