Red Dwarf - Series 4

I could go on and on about this show.

Series 4 is possibly when it was at its peak. The characters jelled together well, the audience knew what to expect.

Dimension Jump is a lovely episode but I do still appreciate the much maligned Meltdown episode. But that's probably just because Elvis sings the closing theme.

I never watched Series 4.

Great series, but I'd argue Series 4 to 6 are the peak. For me it could do no wrong between those years.

Justice was one of my favourite episodes from Series 4.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 24 2013, 10:51 AM BST

:D

Always hated Red Dwarf, I don't find it funny. But that's my opinion.

Quote: chipolata @ July 24 2013, 10:53 AM BST

Great series, but I'd argue Series 4 to 6 are the peak. For me it could do no wrong between those years.

I'll echo the satusma wielding gentleman on this point.

Favourite episode from series 4 is Meltdown.

Quote: chipolata @ July 24 2013, 10:53 AM BST

Justice was one of my favourite episodes from Series 4.

Same, probably peaking with series 5, and going slightly wonky with series 6. Although series 5 is a bit monster-of-the-week-ish.

Quote: george roper @ July 24 2013, 3:26 PM BST

Always hated Red Dwarf, I don't find it funny. But that's my opinion.

And I have never laughed at a single episode of Only Fools. But I love Red Dwarf. That's why I love comedy - it's so subjective.

Is Back to Reality series four or five? Loved that.

For me, RD is the classically constructed sitcom. Characters are physically trapped with a very clear goal. Lister and Rimmer - the polar opposites who are designed simply to wind the other up.

Series 5.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 24 2013, 10:51 AM BST

You really are a smeg!

I prefered the female Holly to the other one.
I think this series introduced Ace Rimmer which was ok...but bringing him back several times was annoying.

I loved the opening scene of the episode with him in Series 7. Probably the only funny part of that series.