Fresh Meat - Series 3 Page 2

I've started seeing the ads for the new series. I'm so excited!

Vod. <3

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2013, 6:13 PM GMT

I've started seeing the ads for the new series. I'm so excited!

Vod. <3

You'll be able to buy the Series 2 DVD on 11th November and then you get Series 3 on DVD on Boxing Day.

*adds to Christmas list*

So for those of you too excited to miss it, the first episode of the next series is available on 4oD already.

First impressions of the two new characters: they're going to have to acquire recognisable personality traits and better English respectively if they're going to be around for a while. Josie is less of a bitch when she's just a face on a computer screen, but she's not out of the picture yet...

Well I was really disappointed with the first ep which I thought was boring and nothing particularly funny happened.

But the last 2 have been excellent, 2 of the funniest and best episodes so far imo. Loved the pub quiz, Mr Pluto Laughing out loud

Didn't like Vod being such an evil cow to her boyfriend though. But I think that seemed to turn out ok in the end :)

"excellent morning after pill stat retention" :D

It still has both those sub-Hollyoaks plots and the ability to make me laugh out loud at some really unconventional funny lines.

Another entertaining series so far. Classic Armstrong and Bain humour with a nice dash of pathos.

I noticed on the 4od description for the show that it is now labelled a 'comedy drama', has it always been classed as that because I could have sworn that it had called itself a 'sitcom' in the first two series?

I don't remember Fresh Meat ever selling itself as a sitcom, it's been a comedy drama since day one.

Good series so far. I find the jokes hit and miss, but some of them hit big. Stories sometimes weak, but on the whole the characters are written and performed tremendously well.

Zawe Ashton is absolutely fantastic as Vod, and Jack Whitehall as JP is right up there with her. I've loved Oregon's pretentiousness (pretention?) being ramped up this year, she's an absolute bell end.

I love this show. The plot is just fantastic so are the actors in this too.

The last two episodes haven't been great, but a few funny moments. The protest and the party settings had similar atmospheres which felt a little repetitive to me.

Any one know if episode 8 will be up on 4oD tonight?

The final episode's up on 4oD and it's a decent end to the series. Stronger than the previous two episodes. Another series beckons judging by the way things have been left. There were a couple of below par episodes this series, so let's hope the rot hasn't set in.

The Fresh Meat characters would all be around 21 maximum apart from Howard who is older. The Spaced characters are towards the other end of the spectrum where you begin to tire of life.

They're basically at Christmas of their second year, right? So Kingsley and Josie are 19 or 20. Candice is a first year so 18 or 19. Vod, Oregon and JP might be a year or so older than Kingsley and Josie -- can't remember whether the posh two had years out before university, and Vod had an unusual life before landing there.

I found a copy of the final episode of series 4. Any ideas what to do with it?