Count Arthur Strong - Series 1 (TV) Page 3

I don't understand why journalists will be reviewing this. As it is such a love/hate show, surely all the reviews should read: "Just watch it yourself and find out."

That is true of every television programme, film and radio show ever made, Ian.

I'm looking forward to this. Hope it's any good.

shit, missed it. Bloody time zones!!!

I can never think of anything to say after I've just watched something other that 'it was funny' or 'it was crap'.

So: it was funny!

Can you get iPlayer seeing as you are a Swisser?

YAAAAAAAAAYY!!

Loved it loved it loved it !!!

Hugely enjoyable

Not sure why they felt the need to ditch Gerry and Sally and Jeffery etc

But I thought it was a bloody triumph

CAS FTW!!!

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 8 2013, 9:31 PM BST

Can you get iPlayer seeing as you are a Swisser?

i-what? Surely, the BBC will repeat this soon...???

EDIT: "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only,...". Shit!

No repeats are scheduled. At all.

Quote: Aaron @ July 8 2013, 10:28 PM BST

No repeats are scheduled. At all.

Angry

Thanks Aaron.

I quite liked it and chuckled several times. Maybe it seemed a bit, I don't know, lacking much pace? Dragged a little, I suppose.

I liked the radio show, at least until it relocated to Spain and stopped being funny.

First ten minutes of the TV version: complete laugh free zone. Gave up.

I have heard of this show before, but never listened to it on radio. Maybe that's my problem or it works better on there. But the TV version of this is about as funny as a death in the family, and I mean the death of a close, well loved, cuddly relative. What's worse is the canned laughter after every attempted joke. I could hear the tumbleweeds, literally. I have been to the Edinburgh Fringe, seen some very good funny acts and some bad. This might work well there but on TV it's a big pile of poo. I would actually be frightened if I met someone who actually thought it was funny. While watching it, the only thing worse than my brain aching, was the thought that somebody somewhere was laughing at this. Besides all that, I didn't like it.

Not as strong as the Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! - which I've always hugely enjoyed, but never quite loved - but an interesting start. At a few points I definitely found myself thinking "that kind of response from Arthur worked better with the pictures in my head", but it still provided a reasonable number of laughs.

Nice start to the series.

I guess I should really stop listening to other people. I tried listening to his radio show and didn't like it one bit, and thought I'd hate the show. I didn't though, it was really good. I mean not as surreal as IT Crowd or loaded with gags as Ted, but it is a nice start indeed. And hopefully will go uphill from here on.

Going without any preconceived notions would really help too IMO.