Count Arthur Strong - Series 1 (TV) Page 26

BBC Radio 4 extra is repeating series one starting today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00c3t06

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 22 2013, 10:31 AM BST

BBC Radio 4 extra is repeating series one starting today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00c3t06

Thanks Oldrocker! ;)

The first 3 series of the radio show are available on Spotify (in the USA, Spotify is regional so ymmv).

The Just A Minute episode from S2 of the radio show maybe my favourite CAS yet.

It's a good one

I like it when he's preparing for it with Malcolm

Which reminds me

I can't believe Malcolm isn't in the TV show

Crazy!

Here here

When are we expecting Series 2 of this to begin? I read somewhere it was supposed to be this month but that hasn't happened. Is it going to be on late this year or are we expecting it to air in 2015.

Should be a little later this year.

Count Arthur Strong and his radio shows are as funny as anything I've ever heard in my life and yet he seems to be little-known outside the ranks of die-hard radio-comedy aficionados.

Box sets of his radio shows should be given away on the National Health.

If laughter really is the best medicine, Count Arthur would slash hospital waiting lists in no time!

Series 1 of the TV show was, I think, but a pale comedic shadow of the radio shows but I look forward to Series 2 with optimism.

Well it's a very different show from the radio version, it's a made for Radio creation so a lot of that verbal stuff won't look right on TV. CAS himself is also an acquired taste with some hating the radio show. Personally I found it way funnier than the trendier Cabin Pressure.

Episode 3.

Arthur is going to do the radio play, he persuades Michael to house-sit for him as he's expecting a delivery of a sofa.
We see Michael arriving at the house and there's a little scene about the front door sticking and the old sofa not being there.
So obviously there's going to be a whole joke about a door that won't open properly and a huge sofa that needs to go through it.
There's another small scene later with Sinem struggling with the door, so we're building up the expectation.
The next scene back at the house is Michael sitting on the new sofa and being joined by Sinem.

In the middle of all that there's a shot of Michael precariously standing on a couple of plastic tubs to reach the top of a cupboard, the camera makes a point of showing them as it pans the shot.
When you next see Michael, he's limping along the hallway towards the basement door.
The limp obviously implies that he fell off the tubs but we didn't see that scene either.

What happened? Where did these scenes go? If anyone finds them, could they get in touch with Arthur, he's on the Ilfracombe.

I don't really get CAS. In saying that, I love John Shuttleworth who I expect is also someone you either get or you don't.

Yeah me too - CAS doesn't do it for me at all on radio, I liked the TV version better mainly because of the Linehan influence.

I love John Shuttleworth, in large part because there are plenty of blokes exactly like that wandering around Sheffield.