Count Arthur Strong - Series 1 (TV) Page 20

Quote: Lazzard @ August 8 2013, 10:45 AM BST

The pathos I can live with - it was the hijacking of the series by a story I could care less about that got my goat.

Presumably you mean "couldn't care less".

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 8 2013, 2:00 PM BST

His reaction to the vending machine disappearing was very funny.

That was an asolutely perfect performance by Delaney. Perfect timing, perfect physicality - everything, absolutely spot on.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 8 2013, 2:00 PM BST

His reaction to the vending machine disappearing was very funny.

Quote: Aaron @ August 8 2013, 2:40 PM BST

That was an asolutely perfect performance by Delaney. Perfect timing, perfect physicality - everything, absolutely spot on.

The hat falling off his head made that scene special and therefore extra funny. Otherwise It would have been an old gag....used several times in Fawlty Towers for instance(which is not meant as a criticism).

I was a bit surprised about that hospital drama montage with the ER references. They made a NYPD Blue reference in Father Ted...but that was in 1996 or so. I wonder how many people get this ER reference (karate move by Eric La Salle) in 2013.

Not me. But does it matter? Unless, like Spaced, you actively rely on recognition of those lazy references to create your humour in the first place.

Yeah agree with Aaron. I have some issues with his performance myself - his arthritis affected-walk, stiff neck sorta gesture, or whatever. But that one was very good.

Good point about Spaced too, but you don't like Spaced though, right Aaron?

Quote: Aaron @ August 8 2013, 2:40 PM BST

Presumably you mean "couldn't care less".

Sorry - slipped into the US vernacular for a moment, there...

Man, this episode was great...until the ending. The death of Katya just seemed so out of place in what was such a funny and silly show. Other than that part it was hilarious.

"It's outside my area of expertise. (Trembling) I'm afraid!" Brilliant.

Quote: FracturedMirror @ August 8 2013, 5:54 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Off topic, but I don't think Spaced relied on the references for the humour, it was always just an added bonus. I probably only understood half of the references (if that) and still loved the show, even when they went straight over my head.
I only realised some of them even were references recently.

Quote: FracturedMirror @ August 8 2013, 5:54 PM BST

That was very funny, even though I assumed he'd say it eventually.

The bit at the end of the trailer is great !

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

P.S. it's Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem in D Minor.

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 8 2013, 8:24 PM BST

P.S. it's Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem in D Minor.

The karaoke version?

No, the instrumental.

Quote: Maurice Moss @ August 8 2013, 5:42 PM BST

Good point about Spaced too, but you don't like Spaced though, right Aaron?

I don't care for it, no.

This week's episode has been the best so far, I think. The medical montage was excellent.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 9 2013, 1:41 PM BST

The medical montage was excellent.

That was the best bit imo. That and Arthur's annoying behaviour in the waiting room.