Count Arthur Strong - Series 1 (TV) Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ July 1 2013, 8:09 PM BST

Click through, Greg. All of the information is there.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/count_arthur_strong_radio_show/

Cheers Aaron! Laughing out loud I know a lot more now!

Quote: Ben @ July 1 2013, 8:19 PM BST

I'm not very familiar with Count Arthur Strong, but if Linehan's involved then it's worth a watch.

It's odd, some people detest him, others think he's hilarious.

Personally, I thought the first 2 or 3 series (the radio show) were fantastic - some of the funniest radio shows I've ever heard. Then after that it seemed to go off the boil at bit.

I'm confident it will work well on TV - I have both his 'live' DVDs and they are brilliant.

Anyway I saw a trailer for this on the BBC tonight and I can't wait now!

I love the Count Arthur radio shows, Father Ted is my favourite TV sitcom ever, and I really like Black Books and IT Crowd. So my expectations are quite high for this show, and I'm very anxious to see it. Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a new show in a long time.

People who've never heard of The Count and are going to watch this because of the Linehan connection, might find they're disappointed. It's a long-established, and highly critically-acclaimed show, with the main writer/performer still in place, so it's perhaps unlikely that this will turn into a Linehan show.

It's like trying Beef Wellington for the first time, just because your favourite celebrity baker is cooking; it's still should taste of beef and not Ciabatta.

Quote: Nogget @ July 2 2013, 6:11 AM BST

so it's perhaps unlikely that this will turn into a Linehan show.

I doubt it will because Delaney created the character so therefore he will want to do the most with the show and character so he can get the most money, I presume. Therefore I can't see it becoming just a Linehan show because it's Delaney's idea and creation.

So seems like this show is getting a lot of hate. Is it that bad as they tell it is? I have no idea why Linehan chose this show though.

Where is it getting hate from?

Well, I'm quite looking forward to it and I have never heard of it until now.

I didn't really find the trailer that enticing. The humour seemed fairly unremarkable, but I'll still give it a watch.

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2013, 10:13 AM BST

Where is it getting hate from?

Well, individually, a few people I know hate the show. And Twitter for starters. Lot of comments saying that the show is shite, and I don't think that's proportionate to the hate any good popular show would get.

Ah I see. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but here.

Amazing how it can be getting hate when it's not yet broadcast, and only a small number of journo-types will have seen previews.

Quote: Aaron @ July 7 2013, 4:38 PM BST

Amazing how it can be getting hate when it's not yet broadcast, and only a small number of journo-types will have seen previews.

Haha, I mean the original show. The comments are about how crape the original show is and all that.

There's no 'original show'. They're completely different programmes that happen to feature the same central character - this is NOT a TV version of the radio series.

However... the character, and the radio series and its humour, seems to be somewhat of the Marmite variety. There are those who dislike them, but the longevity of the series should indicate quite clearly that there are many more who love the Count's antics.

I've hesitated from posting here . .

I'm a massive CAS fan and must have listened to every episode four or five times at least.

Aaron says that this is not a TV version of the radio show and I sincerely hope that is so. The radio series relies so much on words (obviously) that I'm quite happy not to have pictures as well.

We shall see.