Mock The Week - Series 12

They've really pulled their socks up so far in this series. It's not quite back to the standard it was in its glory days with Frankie Boyle, but it's a darn sight funnier than the last couple of series have been.

I've even laughed at Andy Parsons. Really!

And Gary Delaney, who I've never really noticed before, has been a revelation. He might even be the best thing about it right now.

Gary's brilliant. Really shining at the moment, I agree. Always a joy to watch. Such great delivery.

This is airing on digital free to air here. It's only a week or so behind, so not that out of date. The last series they showed here was over a month old so had forgotten most of the stuff they talked about. Some of the things they discuss don't make the news here, but still enjoy it and we don't have anything like it here at the moment. Really like the unlikely things to hear section.

Great three episodes so far, with very good guest contributions as well (even Holly Walsh was funny last week). Gary Delaney and Josh Widdicombe are always a joy to watch.
I wish they would reprise some of their regular guests from the first seasons like David Mitchell, and why not an exclusive reunion episode with all of the regulars from past years?

Not sure about the 'elderly' jokes they made, what makes it OK to laugh at senile dementia?

Weren't the jokes just about how old the Stones looked?

Quote: Nogget @ July 5 2013, 3:46 PM BST

Not sure about the 'elderly' jokes they made, what makes it OK to laugh at senile dementia?

What makes it not okay?

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2013, 3:51 PM BST

Weren't the jokes just about how old the Stones looked?

Mostly, but Addison quipped that Brucie's new catchphase is 'help, the nurses are stealing my clothes'. It's not even original.

Quote: Aaron @ July 5 2013, 3:52 PM BST

What makes it not okay?

You don't mind that it turns into Mock the Weak?
They wouldn't do it about the disabled; typical liberal hypocrisy.

Quote: Nogget @ July 5 2013, 4:08 PM BST

You don't mind that it turns into Mock the Weak?
They wouldn't do it about the disabled; typical liberal hypocrisy.

I don't see that it does, and I wouldn't mind if it did.

What I do mind is when they shy away from topics. Including the disabled.

And I'm pretty sure they do make jokes about the disabled. Or at least they have done.

Sure they used to, when Frankie Boyle was there. He was certainly offensive, but wasn't hypocritical; he wouldn't mock one undeserving group and not another. Most importantly though, he was funny. Addison is not.

He's quite funny. But a lot 'safer'.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ July 5 2013, 5:53 PM BST

He's quite funny. But a lot 'safer'.

'Safer' comes across as 'cowardly' to me.

If a person's holding back then yes you could perhaps say they were a coward, but just because it's not someone's particular style to make jokes about the disabled doesn't qualify them as a coward. If everyone was constantly edgy and dark it would be incredibly boring.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 30 2013, 4:53 PM BST

And Gary Delaney, who I've never really noticed before, has been a revelation. He might even be the best thing about it right now.

He follows me on Twitter, God I'm sad pointing that out but c'mon, it's my only joy in life Unimpressed