Carry On Camping

Sid and Bernie keep having their amorous intentions snubbed by their girlfriends Joan and Anthea. The boys suggest a camping holiday, secretly intending to take them to a nudist camp. Of course they end up in the wrong place, and meet up with the weirdest bunch of campers you can imagine! Coach loads of sex-starved schoolgirls and bands of hippies all add to the laughs.

Anyone else love this film?

Thought very little of it. Too puerile.

Yes George, my favourite Carry On. No Kenneth, it's just right. Shot in two weeks in October, ha ha, the ground is wet, it looks cold, the editing is diabolical, giving you scenes with loads of continuity errors, you just couldn't get any better. Perfect.

My favourite ever Carry On Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud It never gets old, it is a total classic IMO.

Love the blonde one that goes off with Terry Scott, very beautiful young lady indeed.

Watched this tonight - my favourite. Sex and laughs in abundance - what more do you want.

"He's just gone for a P"

Quote: beaky @ 2nd February 2021, 11:03 AM

"He's just gone for a P"

That's the perfect gag, pre that "Asses must be shown". Brilliant :D

Anyone going to have a bid on the green bikini Barbara Windsor wore in the film that was whipped off. Expected to fetch c. £1200.

Some prop lady rescued it from the costume company's skip when they had a clear out - I'm surprised no one in the company realised who wore it! Luckily this lady did who rescued it and all proceeds are going to the Alzheimer's Society, which Barbara died of last December. Good for her!

I might have a punt, as it will give me the opportunity to wear it. :P

Quote: Kenneth @ 28th June 2013, 1:38 PM

Thought very little of it. Too puerile.

Carry On Camping. What were you expecting - Ingmar Bergman script, Ken Loach social commentary, Fellini camera work...?

He might have changed his mind in the last eight years.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2021, 3:25 PM

Anyone going to have a bid on the green bikini Barbara Windsor wore in the film that was whipped off. Expected to fetch c. £1200.

Some prop lady rescued it from the costume company's skip when they had a clear out - I'm surprised no one in the company realised who wore it! Luckily this lady did who rescued it and all proceeds are going to the Alzheimer's Society, which Barbara died of last December. Good for her!

I might have a punt, as it will give me the opportunity to wear it. :P

Went for £6,500. My wife was none too pleased as I said I'd set myself a £1900 limit. I can just about squeeze in it, especially when "things" happen.

£9,500!

I was in the auction, but alas it was a little out of my price range. Sadly the buyer is said to be American, so God only knows what'll happen to it now.

I see the Beeb has corrected it now - earlier on it def. said £6,500. Bloody shame it has gone to The States.