Carry On Abroad

This is one of the best ones made. Truly amazing in my opinion. What do you think of it?

Almost one of the worst, despite its later appearance in the video clip of Morrissey's Every Day is Like Sunday.

Although perhaps I'm getting it mixed up with Behind.

I'm embarassed that these films are held up as an example of great British Comedy.

Most of the Carry Ons are still miles better than a lot of the dross that is termed British comedy theseadays.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 27 2013, 10:34 AM BST

Most of the Carry Ons are still miles better than a lot of the dross that is termed British comedy theseadays.

I agree. British comedy films nowadays are very light in comparison.

I'm not saying British Comedy films have got any better since.
But give me something like The Last Remake of Beau Geste anytime.

I would probably prefer carry on Films now to when I was younger as I'd appreciate the talent of the performers a lot more.
But the scripts? Please don't tell me that was the best we could do.

Tits.

Laughing out loud

Loved this one too. F**king brillant.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 27 2013, 9:59 PM BST

I'm not saying British Comedy films have got any better since.
But give me something like The Last Remake of Beau Geste anytime.

I would probably prefer Carry On films now to when I was younger as I'd appreciate the talent of the performers a lot more.

Completely disagree. If suggestive humour and innuendo is not your taste then you're obviously not going to like the majority of the Carry Ons, but the CO films of that type are the absolute best quality, top of their game. They achieve what they intend to with aplomb.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 27 2013, 9:59 PM BST

I think people went to see these films in the same way we see cheap stand ups. Ironically the "Infamy" line (not from this, from Caesar) is from Muir and Norden. I can't recall a line from this, particularly.

Hattie ('Attie?) Jacques is brilliant, though.

Quote: Aaron @ June 28 2013, 3:37 AM BST

Completely disagree. If suggestive humour and innuendo is not your taste then you're obviously not going to like the majority of the Carry Ons, but the CO films of that type are the absolute best quality, top of their game. They achieve what they intend to with aplomb.

I don't mind that kind of humour
But the gags seem to be mostly shoe horned in & they aren't that great on the whole.

Phwoar look at that Sid! A woman with big Tits
Hilarious

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 28 2013, 10:59 AM BST

But the gags seem to be mostly shoe horned in & they aren't that great on the whole.

Hilarious

You seemed to imply in your previous post that you'd not seen the films in years?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 28 2013, 10:59 AM BST

Hilarious

That's why I disliked Camping - and perhaps Abroad. Whereas Loving and Girls were great.

In my teens I was a completely pompous ass, posing as a smug dilettante, miles above the riff-raff who would stoop to making sexist remarks. In my twenties, I focused on suave hedonism.

Finally I have matured. If walking down the street now and I see an attractive woman with extremely large breasts, I will get out my phone and text message a friend, saying: "Just saw a woman with an enormous pair of tits."

Steve, when you finally achieve long-overdue recognition as the new Talbot Rothwell and are asked to script the next great series of British comedy films, could you please write a part for me, playing a vulgar lecher whose sole line is: "Phwoar! Look at that, Cotter! A woman with big tits!"

Thanks.

Another fantastic romp from the Carry On team. One of the best ones ever made, still makes me laugh.

A Total Classic! Laughing out loud