Carry On Behind

Saucy British comedy with the Carry On crew. Professor Roland Crump enlists a band of students to investigate the remains of a Roman encampment

Anyone else like this film?

Not really. It was the start of the end.

It was one of the better of the last few films, not great but decent enough.

England has to be the worst of the lot.

Who was the Gairman?

Elke Sommer?

I quite like this, although it definitely has a sad tinge of 'this series is dead' about it, with a lot of the regulars absent. But it's nice to see Windsor Davies and Jack Douglas as a pretty good double act doing their stuff. And lots to look at with Elke Sommers bending over a lot.

One of those Saturdays where I decided I was going to do f'all and chanced upon this on Film 4 - thoroughly enjoyed it with Elke Sommer making my weekend, the naughty girl along with all the other naughty girls in the film. Lovey

Quote: David Carmon @ 27th June 2013, 12:28 PM BST

It was one of the better of the last few films, not great but decent enough.

England has to be the worst of the lot.

Spot on. CoE was cruder than crude oil.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th June 2013, 8:08 AM BST

I quite like this, although it definitely has a sad tinge of 'this series is dead' about it, with a lot of the regulars absent. But it's nice to see Windsor Davies and Jack Douglas as a pretty good double act doing their stuff. And lots to look at with Elke Sommers bending over a lot.

I don't mind Behind (I'm a poet etc), it was very much in the 'saucy British postcard' humour. I used to get it confused with Camping though.

Carry on Emmanuelle anyone? Eek.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd July 2016, 4:09 PM BST

I don't mind Behind (I'm a poet etc), it was very much in the 'saucy British postcard' humour. I used to get it confused with Camping though.

Yes, similar and I wonder if it was the same site they used - Peter Butterworth demoted from owner to dogsbody and Bernard Bresslaw's girlfriend Joan Sims becoming his mother in law. :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th July 2016, 11:29 AM BST

Yes, similar and I wonder if it was the same site they used - Peter Butterworth demoted from owner to dogsbody and Bernard Bresslaw's girlfriend Joan Sims becoming his mother in law. :S

I always believed that it was filmed in the backlot of Pinewood, sprayed green. 'Abroad' was the same location, but filled with sand instead.

"I tried it once and didn't like it!"

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th July 2016, 1:31 PM BST

I always believed that it was filmed in the backlot of Pinewood,

A lot was, but I think that/those field(s) were a bit too big to be part of Pinewood.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th July 2016, 9:44 AM BST

A lot was, but I think that/those field(s) were a bit too big to be part of Pinewood.

I think you're right.

I reckon that your idea job would be the wardrobe assistant on the 'Carry On' movies - just think of all of those nubile ladies?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 5th July 2016, 9:42 PM BST

I think you're right.

I reckon that your ideal job would be the wardrobe assistant on the 'Carry On' movies - just think of all of those nubile ladies?

Oh don't...........I've become all unnecessary now. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th July 2016, 9:44 AM BST

Pinewood is huge. Not sure about Behind, but the key location in Camping is believed to be within the Pinewood grounds.

Quote: Aaron @ 6th July 2016, 11:48 AM BST

Pinewood is huge. Not sure about Behind, but the key location in Camping is believed to be within the Pinewood grounds.

Oh, I stand corrected.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th July 2016, 12:19 PM

Oh, I stand corrected.

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoe.

Seriously though, I think that I'm going to revisit some of those 'Carry On' classics.