Carry On Loving

Chaos ensues when the Carry On gang runs a marriage bureau. The proprietors, Sid and Sophie Bliss, seem set on matching the most unlikely couples.

Another classic film. What are your thoughts about this film?

Most people remember Imogen Hassall as Jenny Grubb for some reason.

Are we going to get a thread for every comedy film ever made?

I thought that was Valerie Leon.

I remember the cat miscalled Cooking Fat. Terry Scott having to meet the above lady's extended, very conservative family was also amusing.

I love Imogen Hassall I still think why did she kill herself :( she was bloody gorgeous.

One of my favourite Carry Ons.

I could do with a copy of Sidney Bliss's The Wit to Woo.

Yes I Would Like To Have A copy of that to

and the gorgeous imogen hassall is in this film Lovey

Yes, one of my favourite Carry On films too but nothing compares to Carry On Camping, IMO

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 26 2013, 12:56 AM BST

Most people remember Imogen Hassall as Jenny Grubb for some reason.

Honestly, can't get the staff or what? You're supposed to chime in with 'two reasons'. This is a Carry On thread.

I almost did a Laughing out loud, if that helps? The photo you posted made much more of a response quite redundant! :P

Not one I watch very often, but I do quite like it.

Quote: Chappers @ June 26 2013, 7:01 AM BST

I thought that was Valerie Leon.

No, they look quite different. This is Valerie Leon.

Oh yes! Valerie is a lot sexier - though I preferred Caroline Munroe - and talking of Caroline....

Variable - but the bit where the Kenneth Williams character has three women in his house all apparently lusting after him and a brute is taken out by one, his housekeeper, is very, very funny. Don't know what it was about last night but I couldn't stop laughing.

Watched this tonight, which is on the same disc (two films per disc) in the box set - the other one being Up the Jungle, which I didn't rate for various reasons. This, was FAR superior. Could some of the reason be the KW factor?

Some great laughs (thought Hawtrey was excellent) and shocked to see that Imogen Hassall took an overdose of pills, aged only 38. Another young actress not able to accept her lot.

Also, it said in the Trivia Notes that James Beck had a part in the film, which sadly finished up on the cutting room floor.