The Café - Series 2

New thread for the 8 part second series of Sky1 sitcom The Café.

I'm glad the show is finally coming back on...whilst it's not the funniest thing around, it is rather watchable and I'm looking forward to its return on 24th July. But I still don't understand why it has taken so long for it to come back on TV when it was filmed 12 months ago!

Echo thoughts of opening post. Been looking forward to this coming back. Never l.o.l. funny but gently amusing, warm and cosy. Characters are generally likeable and while a couple of Cash & Aherne's annoying traits have been inherited, is generally well written.

We watched it again recently when they put the boxset up on Sky+ and it held up to a second viewing. Also showed how horrid it would have been for such a fuzzy wuzzy show to not end on a high note.

I have to say that I rarely if ever laughed watching this program, but I still watched it weekly when shown here on one of our public access channels. Granted I will never understand why 2 of our channels are showing it and they took off LOTSW just as Seymore was leaving and Foggy was coming back to air this!

Has anyone else been watching the new series? Still as gentle as the first, I see as more of a comedy-drama rather than a sitcom. Decent viewing to be had though and it's always nice to see Weston Super Mare, I was down there last August whilst they were filming this series.

I love this show and have missed it since the first series ended. It makes me all warm and happy and I find myself returning to my roots with my accent afterwards. Please keep up the good work!!! Lovey

I am quite enjoying the new additions to the second series. Whilst the laugh-count still hasn't been raised it is nice to sit down and relax and watch a nice episode of The Cafe.

Quote: G180e @ August 10 2013, 2:21 PM BST

I am quite enjoying the new additions to the second series. Whilst the laugh-count still hasn't been raised it is nice to sit down and relax and watch a nice episode of The Cafe.

I have to agree. Sometimes it's nice to be able to just watch something and relax. It's not exciting, nor hilarious, but it's not syrupy either. Just plain enjoyable. I am not enough of a wordsmith to describe why I like it. I just do.

I was pleased to learn that the local PBS fall line up will include season 1 and 2 of The Cafe. They will run 2 per weekend and during that time omit AYBS due to some kind of dispute. And that is just fine with me.

Avid AYBS fans can rest assured this is only temporary.

Wonderful ending to a nice warm watchable series, I hope there will be a third series but if it did get axed I wouldn't cry over it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. The local PBS affiliate will replace the disputed AYBS with SE1 then SE2, in order. It should serve as a refreshing change until AYBS comes back. The show is a very relaxing half hour.

Quote: G180e @ September 4 2013, 9:10 PM BST

Wonderful ending to a nice warm watchable series, I hope there will be a third series but if it did get axed I wouldn't cry over it.

More than half way through series 1 for the second time, and the show is as warm and pleasant as the first time. Also noticing some very witty quips that, some how, I missed the first time. Looking forward to series 2 but I suspect it may be the final series. Hope I'm wrong.

Our local PBS has series 2 starting this week. Doing it half arsed though. They normally air on Saturday, but this past Saturday they had some BS on instead of Britcoms. I checked next Saturdays schedule and they have episode 2 airing. Luckily on Thursday afternoon (when they usually show a repeat of the past weekends show) they are airing episode 1 of the 2nd series.

Here, the local PBS wrapped up a re-run of season one last night. I think knowing how it was going to end even enhanced the emotional, but happy ending. They will go straight on with season two next week and I am thoroughly enjoying this "double header".

It's a very warm, pleasant, and well done show.

Don't think I've heard anything about a Series 3. I'd love to see it, thought it was quite charming with likable characters.

Funny plus warm a drama, it is like

Quote: SamanthaSeaOtter @ 5th November 2013, 11:08 PM GMT

Don't think I've heard anything about a Series 3. I'd love to see it, thought it was quite charming with likable characters.

I agree that it was charming, as I also enjoyed it. And it certainly appeared the author is begging for another season. But, I doubt there will be very many demands. The plot just doesn't leave you begging for more. OK, ya got the "will Sarah and Stan get married" thing going but, hardly anything else. I just don't think they can convince any sponsors to go for it as it stands.

But yes, I would watch another season if it happens. ;)

Maybe they could have the younger members of the cast to take a trip up to Hebburn and spice things up! Laughing out loud