Best on Mock the Week? Page 3

George Best was never really an "ex" though.

Yay!
I do love an ex alcoholic.

Except that Best is only an ex one cos he's dead. Whereas I think Frankie actually has given up the booze. :)

*edit* Oh, what he said.

Quote: Aaron @ August 23, 2007, 11:21 PM

George Best was never really an "ex" though.

I meant ex as in dead. This is an ex-footballer.

Glug glug.

George Best should have played for LIVERpool... or more likely Wife Beaters Utd Laughing out loud

It gets worse.

Christ, last night's show was weak. Frankie's joke about universities springing up everywhere was good though; "Didn't this used to be 24 hour garage?"
:)

Funnily enough, I thought that that was the weak point, with plenty of other laughs throughout.

1. Frankie Boyle
2. Hugh Dennis
3. Dara O'Brien

Russell Howard and Andy Parsons are also very good.

Frankie Boyle recycled two or three of his jokes from the previous series again. It's starting to get to me.

You want to go to one of these kinds of shows being recorded and see the warmup act then! It's almost identical every time.

Quote: Walker @ August 25, 2007, 12:25 PM

Frankie Boyle recycled two or three of his jokes from the previous series again. It's starting to get to me.

This is what I don't get. If they know what the subjects are before they are asked why are they rehashing jokes? Maybe some bits are improvised and like any comedian you go to a safe place and tell a joke which has worked before. If they aren't given the subjects before hand then you can forgive them using old jokes. All I know is its a piece of piss to be satirical, basically you act like an old git and raise your voice at the end.

e.g. In my day you could leave the door unlocked... it made it much easier to abduct children etc.

You can't expect Frankie to write reams of brand new material for each episode.
He's a busy man!
Shagging his girlfriend in lightning storms and that.

Quote: zooo @ August 25, 2007, 2:53 PM

Shagging his girlfriend in lightning storms and that.

Fantastic joke and idea!

I shall be trying it out the very next chance I get!

Not with Frankie, unfortunately.