Elbow, is it knee you're looking for?

Hello,

I'm new to this site, only found it last week, and have been reading through with interest, so thought I'd register and introduce myself.

I work in a bank (boo! scum! burn him!!) but am not a banker (yay! hurrah! throw a bucket of sand on him) and work in the IT department instead (meh, whatever, ignore him).

I'm twenty-fourteen years old, and have been hiding in a series of well-paid but utterly unsatisfying jobs since I left university. Following the very slow-motion revelation that I am a coward and have rarely challenged myself, instead choosing the take the path of least resistance in almost every aspect of my life, I have very recently decided to try some writing, as a creative outlet. I'm a fan of comedy, so thought I'd have a go at comedy writing. This idea is very much in it's infancy at the moment, so what direction it will take is presently unknown.
One idea that struck me was to try to write a comedy series, and after reading through the forum I now realise that it's very likely to be a labour of love rather than any kind of commercial venture, but nonetheless, I think it could be fun.

Here's a list of 5 of my favourite sitcoms, in the order which they popped into my head:
blackadder
the office
phoenix nights
the league of gentlemen
i'm alan partridge (Series 1)

And here's a list of the least favourite sitcoms that I have watched, ordered in the same way:
my family
2 point 4 children
2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps
goodnight sweetheart
birds of a feather

These lists are not exhaustive, but might give some indication to what I find funny.

I look forward to milking you all for advice, posting newbie questions that have already been answered 800 times, and getting flamed for being another newbie clogging up the works.

Agent Ginger :)
(real name witheld from public domain, as I don't know precisely what proportion of you guys are psychotic, but I'd rather not give enough information about myself to enable someone to track me down and gut me like a fish, just yet).

Quote: AgentGinger @ June 6 2013, 11:29 AM BST

Agent Ginger :)
(real name witheld from public domain, as I don't know precisely what proportion of you guys are psychotic, but I'd rather not give enough information about myself to enable someone to track me down and gut me like a fish, just yet).

Spoilsport Pleased

Hello and welcome Wave

Hello

We're none of us psychotic and if we were the voices would tell me.

And all Sootyj's knives have been put away for safe keeping.

But not my scalpel wit?

nb you work in a banker but you're not a banker.

That makes you a cleaner or a bank robber?

Hang on you're not using us for an alibi are you?

It's the IT department...so he can be on here all day and noone would twig.

Does the IT department in Yorskhire companies mostly serve beverages?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 6 2013, 11:49 AM BST

It's the IT department...so he can be on here all day and noone would twig.

Spot on. Helps pass the day.