A Belated Introduction

I've been posting here for a few weeks now and suddenly realised I hadn't introduced myself. Well, as the observant of you may have... observed, my name is Will. I moved up to Wakefield in deepest, darkest West Yorkshire late last year from rural Northamptonshire where I grew up. I am a life long fan of comedy, mainly from the 70s/80s/90s and grew up watching reruns of Open All Hours, Last of the Summer Wine, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and just about every other British sitcom of that era. I am currently attempting (in the loosest sense of the word) to put a sitcom script together based around a grumpy landlord, while trying to desperately not to rewrite Rising Damp. It's pretty terrible if I'm honest and I've probably deleted more than I've kept, but you never know, they put some right old bollocks on TV these days.

So yeah, that's about it, an introduction of a 26-year-old whose mind is stuck in the seventies and who dreams of a time where you could buy a car in exchange for a packet of fags and be home in time for tea in front of a brand new episode of Minder.

Wave

Quote: Will Carter @ June 4 2013, 4:19 PM BST

So yeah, that's about it, an introduction of a 26-year-old whose mind is stuck in the seventies and who dreams of a ... brand new episode of Minder.

Well Minder didn't start until the end of October 1979, so barely within the seventies... ;)

But welcome! From another 26 year old with a penchant for comedy of the vintage.

Wave Welcome to the loonies!

Hello there Wave

Quote: David Smith @ June 4 2013, 10:27 PM BST

Wave Welcome to the loonies!

Speak for yourself! ;)

Hi and welcome Will!

Quote: Aaron @ June 4 2013, 10:19 PM BST

Well Minder didn't start until the end of October 1979, so barely within the seventies... ;)

But welcome! From another 26 year old with a penchant for comedy of the vintage.

Thanks for all of the welcomes, much appreciated. Yeah, but it still had a very seventies vibe about about it, Arthur Daley was wearing a ropey old Sheepskin coat and rolling in a big old Jag not wearing white loafers and cruising in a flash 911. Either way, I'm stuck in a timewarp and I have no intention of leaving it.

hello and welcome will