No Offence

I think this is going to be great. I think it could be like Heartbeat. I am looking forward to this. What are your views?
:P

I don't think I can have any views until I've seen it.

If it's going to be like Heartbeat I'll give it a miss.

It sounds an interesting premise. But:

Quote: Chappers @ May 15 2013, 10:04 PM BST

I don't think I can have any views until I've seen it.

I've got high-ish hopes for this. Just wondering with members of this site if 4 years after its demise do the general public still hate watching Will Mellor because he was in Two Pints Of Lager? A few people I know would not watch White Van Man because of this foolishly. I will give No Offence 3 weeks before I fire into or praise it.

Bloody hell. Was that filmed over 2 years ago?

I watched 10 minutes and wasn't impressed.

I generally don't like comedy dramas, because the two elements often sit awkwardly next to each other. That wasn't the case with this show...because it wasn't funny.

So, yes, a pefectly acceptable little emotional police drama (although the ending was pretty dubious, I felt), but not sometrhing I'm interested in watching again.

I rather enjoyed it. Loved the man's head getting squished.

I agree it didn't feel much like a comedy per se. It was a good cop drama though, with some dark humour - like most good dramas should have.

Started watching it, seems fine so far. But I do like comedy dramas.

On the other hand, I just never ever find Joanna Scanlan funny. She wasn't funny in The Thick of It, she wasn't funny in Heading Out (well, nobody except for Mark Heap appearing for 30 seconds was funny in that), and she definitely wasn't funny in that dreadful tosh called Puppy Love.

I haven't seen Getting On, maybe she's funny in that.

She is.

Really loving this, and three female leads!

It's basically like Scott & Bailey with a few more jokes. I love them both!

If old David Smith brought this up it must have been a long time in the planning?

Going to be like Heartbeat, what a...

Great plot twist with a non-obvious killer. The tone changed a lot from one episode to the next one, but very enjoyable. Joanna Scanlan's alpha female was brilliant!

The final episode was AMAZING. Well, the whole series was, really.

So glad it has a second series!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th May 2015, 3:19 PM BST

Going to be like Heartbeat, what a...

Laughing out loud

I thought 'No Offence' was going to be good but I soon switched off when I heard the unnatural dialogue.

Woefully unfunny as a comedy and thoroughly unconvincing as a drama.