Watson & Oliver - Series 2 Page 3

Just tried to watch it while waiting for the 12.30 repeat of The New Quiz. Bored, bored, bored. I gave up towards what might have been the end (but probably in fact had another half hour to run) of the interminable sketch about tea.

I was bored too.I couldn't get in to it.

The jumpers sketch was great, and I'm liking the house mates recurring one. Also the random showgirls had a Fast Show feel to it. The thing about this show is it's got plenty of variety, not everything is funny funny but I'd struggle to think of a sketch show that was 'funny funny' all the way through...even the Fast Show.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ May 4 2013, 12:59 PM BST

The jumpers sketch was great, and I'm liking the house mates recurring one. Also the random showgirls had a Fast Show feel to it. The thing about this show is it's got plenty of variety, not everything is funny funny but I'd struggle to think of a sketch show that was 'funny funny' all the way through...even the Fast Show.

The benefit of the Fast Show was that on the occasions it wasn't funny, you just about had time to pick up your cup of tea and take a sip before the next sketch would have arrived.

In the case of W&O, you could walk to the kitchen, boil the kettle, make the tea, let it stand, pour it, put it on a tray, find some nice biscuits and carry the whole lot back in with you, and the same tedious sketch would still be uncoiling itself on the screen.

The Fast Show was quite fast admittedly.

Apart from the Scorchio sketches which seemed to last an age.

Always seems longer when you don't speak the lingo ;)

:D

Loved the film noir sketches. Much better writing this series.

Same here. Just finished watching it. Some sketches overlong but I can't think of any great sketch show that didn't suffer from it that. Good on them. Very impressed! :)

Mixed bag but stronger than last week. Highlights were the tabloid noir sketch and the dad driven mad by inane teenage girls. The just being honest pair are very good value too.

Definitely the best episode so far this series. Rarrlly enjoyed it.

I really don't know why the BBC gave this a second series , it is real drivel and just really unfunny.
Series 1 was crap
Series 2 is terrible

Quote: G180e @ May 10 2013, 7:42 PM BST

I really don't know why the BBC gave this a second series , it is real drivel and just really unfunny.
Series 1 was crap
Series 2 is terrible

Would you rather watch ladies than gent'men?

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 14 2013, 12:00 PM BST

Would you rather watch ladies than gent'men?

I definitely would and find myself willing this likeable pair in particular to succeed, so this week I steeled myself to sit through a whole episode without reaching for the FF button. Straining against the tedium was excruciating - like reaching for that last press up (no. 6 in my case).