Joe Wilkinson Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ May 29 2013, 10:03 PM BST

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Joe+Wilkinson

:)

Oh him. A bit dour but quite amusing at times.

Quote: Chappers @ May 29 2013, 9:57 PM BST

I like his shop. You can get almost anything there apart from alcohol.

They sell homebrew kits!

I really like Joe on panel shows. Never seen him in a different format. May have to scour YouTube.

I've seen him doing sketches with Diane Morgan ("Two Episodes of MASH" I think they're called), it was all right, he's funnier on panel shows though. Most of the material seemed to be based around how lacking the material was.

Was going to create a thread for this bloke (I won't call him a comedian) as I wanted to get other people's opinion of him, but here we are six years later.

SO, he blows hot and cold with me. He has his moments on things such as Taskmaster and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, but generally I find him a waste of space.

What do you think?

At the start I found him really annoying but he's grown on me. (!)

It's when he corpses - which is very infrequently - that I realised he is quite funny and not just a miserable smart arse.

He was fabulous in Him & Her.
He played the weirdo to perfection.
In one scene he knocked on Steve's door and while they were talking his rough girlfriend came down to see where he had gone.
She was in just her knickers and T Shirt and a mass of unruly pubes were poking out of both legs and the top.
Steve looked shocked and horrified but Dan played the embarrassed boyfreind with so much feeling.

He is naturally funny. He doesn't really have to try and be funny.

I still don't know what the real Joe Wilkinson is like behind the gormless creepy act.

Joe does seem to have funny bones. I'm not convinced he can act though. He's always the same persona in all I've seen he do , be it a very funny persona.

I've only seen him on 8 Out Of Ten Cats and he's funny on that. One of hit best moments is when he says he was talking to a woman at a train station and he downed a jar of Sharwood's Bhuna curry sauce and when he did that she went weird on him. Not many people can make Sean Lock laugh as heartily as Joe does.