Most annoying comedy characters? Page 3

The character played by Lucille Ball ( I don't <3 love Lucy ).

Quote: toastie @ April 15 2013, 10:11 PM BST

that women in Nighty Night , I can't watch is cuz of her so can't tell you her name :)

Julia Davis? She is gorgeous although the character was quite weird.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 15 2013, 6:21 PM BST

I'm not sure if it really was necessary to incorporate the character of the Welsh journalist into the Dad's Army cast (He disappeared after 1 series so I'm not the only one it seems). The only thing I liked was the way he pronounced 'Mainwaring'.

He was introduced because Walker had died in real life (!) so they needed another character.

Quote: David Smith @ April 14 2013, 1:41 PM BST

I think Miranda and Hyacinth Bucket are pretty annoying. Who else is annoying?

The initials DS come to mind.

Miranda and any other middle-of-the-road safe characters from middle-of-the road safe sitcoms. They're not funny, but they 'fit' the TV audience of 40 somethings who live comfortably , have two cars, two children and a cat. These people also like Michael McIntyre and Coldplay.

There's a skill in writing annoying comedy characters, Gordon Brittas and David Brent for example. I never 'got' The Brittas Empire until I worked under a manager who had so many of the traits.

Miranda isn't meant to be an annoying character. She just can't help it.

Scotland Wales

The blond middle class girl in The Wright Way who, for no apparent reason, makes chavvy comments in a Jamaican accent. Presumably this is how Ben Elton thinks all da kids talk these days?

Quote: Rupe @ April 16 2013, 11:55 AM BST

The Only Me character Harry Enfield used to do about 20 years back - but then he was supposed to be annoying.

Yes there are some characters who are funny because they are annoying. My personal favourite of those sort of characters is the boring Calum Gilhooley from Absolutely. He recently was revived when the cast reformed for Radio 4 Sketchorama and is still good.

Frank Spencer, obviously a care in the community case and not funny in the least. And the same goes for bloody Selwyn Froggit.

Some decent comedy on Soccer A.M., which goes from strength to strength. Tubes is a comedy genius. But Frankie Fryer is incredibly annoying - I hit the mute button as soon as he comes on.

Stan Butler

Quote: Pingl @ May 29 2013, 7:58 PM BST

Frank Spencer

:O

Damien in OFAH is a very good shout. However, no comedy character has generally had me reaching for the remote control as much as Hyacinth Bucket, not even Mrs Brown!

Quote: George Kaplan @ May 29 2013, 8:47 PM BST

Some decent comedy on Soccer A.M., which goes from strength to strength. Tubes is a comedy genius. But Frankie Fryer is incredibly annoying - I hit the mute button as soon as he comes on.

Tubes is a comedy genius?

Dear. God.

Alan F**ing Partridge. Count Arthur Strong (the o is silent). Peter Kay. Anyone else who is incapable of getting to the point and thinks "Tristram Shandy" is funny.

I found the "good-looking guy" in Vicious quite annoying. Although, not the character is wrong but the actor's performance.

Quote: Skeadugenga @ October 1 2013, 1:36 PM BST

Alan F**ing Partridge.

:O :O
You are a blasphemer.

Blakey.

Gary's wife from GS