Which comedy stars have you met? Page 4

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 7 2013, 11:27 AM BST

None.

#youve met me

My god, Sinon, I didn't think of that. Do you think I was annoying? Jeez, after all this time, too. But wait, he sends Christmas cards. Not for a while, though. I must go and hang around his house again. Find out for once and for all. Thank you for being so gracious as to point that out, Sinon. Bet I spelt that wrong, too.

Quote: Buddy Sorrel @ April 9 2013, 11:03 AM BST

My god, Sinon, I didn't think of that. Do you think I was annoying? Jeez, after all this time, too. But wait, he sends Christmas cards. Not for a while, though. I must go and hang around his house again. Find out for once and for all. Thank you for being so gracious as to point that out, Sinon. Bet I spelt that wrong, too.

Apologies if my little joke upset you, I didn't mean it to. It was just that - a little joke. I don't, actually, believe you were 'getting on his wick' there's no way I could possibly know that. It was merely a little image that popped into my head that amused me so I wrote it in the hopes ( obviously misguided ) that you may be amused by it too.

I see, now, that I was completely out of order and that you've become offended by it and I have absolutely no excuse to give but only offer my sincerest apologies.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 5 2013, 12:18 AM BST

Have I ever told you about me and Les Dawson ?

What's the story? I heard he could be a proper grumpy sod.

I've met tons, and they're rarely funny in real life. John Bishop was funny though, and very nice with it.

I once went punting with David Mitchell. Charming chap.

Quote: sootyj @ April 8 2013, 9:49 PM BST

#youve met me

I was going to mention that but don't like to boast.

I've met David Bussell. He was either funnier or less funny than you'd expect in real life (depending on how funny you'd expect him to be).

Would you remind terribly if I use that on my CV?

I don't remind at all.

hello . my first post and I thought I tell you I was in the lift of The Shard in London with Michael McIntyre last month :)

Were you praying the lift didn't break down :)

Quote: Mr Snodworthy @ April 10 2013, 10:23 AM BST

What's the story? I heard he could be a proper grumpy sod.

I've met tons, and they're rarely funny in real life. John Bishop was funny though, and very nice with it.

Briefly, I used to work for the Sandwell Evening Mail and every year they had a big do in West Bromwich High St and had a guest star.

As he was in Birmingham at the time they booked Les.

I was entrusted with picking up the director's Rover 3500 and collecting Les from the Thistle Hotel Birmingham. I duly arrived and waited in the lobby.

The lift doors opened and out came Les and his entourage. I said I had come to pick him up to take him to the do.

'Sorry lad.' he said as he swept past, ' I'm off to London to see my agent.'

And he was gone.

I drove back to West Bromwich in the Rover and was mobbed by fans trying to see in but . . no Les.

Took some abuse that day I can tell you !

Quote: toastie @ April 11 2013, 2:33 PM BST

hello . my first post and I thought I tell you I was in the lift of The Shard in London with Michael McIntyre last month :)

Feck me, you must have shot a robin to deserve that !

Quote: Sinon @ April 9 2013, 11:16 AM BST

Apologies if my little joke upset you, I didn't mean it to. It was just that - a little joke. I don't, actually, believe you were 'getting on his wick' there's no way I could possibly know that. It was merely a little image that popped into my head that amused me so I wrote it in the hopes ( obviously misguided ) that you may be amused by it too.

I see, now, that I was completely out of order and that you've become offended by it and I have absolutely no excuse to give but only offer my sincerest apologies.

That is adorable! I wish people spoke like that every day, at all occasions.

None, but I once walked past Timothy Spall in Soho. I must have slowed down and done a double-take (blimey. That's Timothy Spall - is it?) because what I remember most was the intensely assiduous way he was staring at the pavement as he went by, as if he really really didn't want to be recognised. Quite a small fellow, but distinctive. An actor of Godlike genius too.