Which characters have you "met" in real life? Page 2

Godfrey from Dad's Army. Is basically my Grandad.

I'm now a carer for my Dad. We are increasingly resembling Steptoe & Son (with much less arguing).

In my teens, my friends and I certainly resembled the Inbetweeners. Some of their storylines actually happened to us, getting stuck on a rowing boat on a school trip, pervy teacher singling me out (on another school trip), a boring caravan holiday where my friend inadvertently tries to get it on with a girl who who turned out to be under age (he found out before anything really happened), a day out after one of us passed his driving test that went wrong.

Only difference was ours didn't go quite as far as theirs, and I'd like to think we were slightly nicer people.

Watching the repeats of As Time Goes By we often smile at the parallels with our relationship.

When I used to watch it I didn't think much of it but now we're nearly their age in the show.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 22nd February 2015, 12:01 AM GMT

Godfrey from Dad's Army. Is basically my Grandad.

Aww, you're so lucky. Lovely man. :)

Slightly off theme, but similar
I was once getting some sugar in sainsburys cafe and kelvin fletcher who plays Andy sudden was getting some as well. I said "hiya" cos I assumed I knew him ..... Then felt really daft when I realised I only 'knew' him off emmerdale.
Another frequent one I see is Sean Wilson who played Martin platt in corrie is often in my Wetherspoons on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd February 2015, 9:30 PM GMT

Aww, you're so lucky. Lovely man. :)

unless you need to use the toilet.

Quote: Sam Clare @ 22nd February 2015, 11:09 PM GMT

Slightly off theme, but similar
I was once getting some sugar in sainsburys cafe and kelvin fletcher who plays Andy sudden was getting some as well. I said "hiya" cos I assumed I knew him ..... Then felt really daft when I realised I only 'knew' him off emmerdale.
Another frequent one I see is Sean Wilson who played Martin platt in corrie is often in my Wetherspoons on a Saturday afternoon.

I've done that with local newsreaders. I reckon that must happen all the time. If you recognize someone but can't immediately place them, you want to be polite.

Quite a few have aspects of characters. The first property I owned the chap who lived in the downstairs first floor flat was an amalgamation of Mr Bean/Ralph from Dear John & the Cliff Richard character from Max & Paddy jail-time episode. Although I always suspected there was something darker to him that could have been very uncomedic. I have also had many bosses with the worst aspects of David Brent's character

The specky one in The Inbetweeners is so similar to me at that age I find it hard to watch. The only difference is that he at least approaches something of a social life. I made J D Salinger look like Victoria Beckham... All I did was sit at home, listen to New Order and jerk off to the Bangles. Now I sit at home, listen to PIL and jerk off to the Spice Girls. That's progress.