Sitcom ideas wanted by new production company Page 7

http://vimeo.com/40310699#

That's some kind of conclusion at least.

Wow, amazing how this blog can spiral when the blogs are left unanswered.

I think I've been very upfront at every stage of this process.

In the very first post it reads

We have a strong track record with producing promotional content for some of the major film studios and we have now decided to switch our focus on trying to get a sitcom off the ground.

The title even says 'sitcom ideas wanted by NEW production company'. I haven't said that we have had anything commissioned before or try and make it look like this way. In fact I've tried to make it very clear that we are new to getting a show commissioned.

And yes, I do presenting and some acting work as well, what's the problem exactly? I've already send in this blog that I won't be acting in whatever project I try and take forward.

Funny how none of the critics on this blog are looking at the work I've done with the likes of Fox or Universal? Or how about the success that I've had previously in business?

I'm not going to share who the main BBC writer is on our team because I didn't start a blog to justify my business I came on here to get ideas and scripts from writers who are looking to get a commission.

To those writers who did submit ideas and scripts thanks for sending them through, we will get back to you by the end of this week if we've short listed your idea to talk you through the next steps of the process.

Please note that this will be my last post on this blog before this blog is locked, to stopped any further comments being posted.

In light of recent comments it's clear that blog posts on this site need to be constantly reviewed and answered, unfortunately I don't have time to do this as our sitcom submission process is now closed and I now need to turn my attention to reading scripts and working on the short list.

If you have any further questions about our business practices then please can you direct them to me personally by email to kevin@seriously-funny.com and I'll be happy to answer any that you have.

If you come to a forum asking for people to send you stuff in, and some pros point out the pitfalls of that process to other forum members, you must accept that that is the point of a forum. People have ideas ripped off all the time in television. And that is a fact. Didn't use to be. Sadly is now. You admit you are new to getting a show commissioned. You are asking to people to just send in material on the basis that you have 'names' attached but won't name them. There is no business model that supports such an activity. If people are hiding something it is usually for a reason. I think it is down to the mods to lock a thread or not. Anyway, that is why some questions have been asked and you have certainly answered most of them as best you can. Best of luck with the venture.

Here here

Quote: Seriously Funny @ May 7 2013, 2:30 PM BST

Wow, amazing how this blog can spiral when the blogs are left unanswered.

More of a forum than a blog, wouldn't you say?
And I don't think you can blame the regular users of the forum for continuing to discuss things among themselves - a cursory look round the site and you'd see that's the kind of place it is.
But that's what happens when you drop what is essentially a free advert onto a popular board and then don't turn up for weeks.

Anyway - I hope you found some good people to work with and things start motoring.

Thanks for the comment. With hindsight creating a post on a forum for sitcom submissions was probably not the best way for us to receive ideas and scripts. If we consider going down this path again I think we need to partner up with commissioners and create more of an event out of it, like the Sitcom Mission.

Quote: Seriously Funny @ May 7 2013, 3:50 PM BST

Thanks for the comment. With hindsight creating a post on a forum for sitcom submissions was probably not the best way for us to receive ideas and scripts. If we consider going down this path again I think we need to partner up with commissioners and create more of an event out of it, like the Sitcom Mission.

Oohhh don't get me started!!!

Only kidding :D

Quote: Seriously Funny @ May 7 2013, 3:50 PM BST

If we consider going down this path again I think we need to partner up with commissioners and create more of an event out of it, like the Sitcom Mission.

Or The Sitcom Trials. Never forget The Sitcom Trials (next heat is Friday 10th in London, by the way)

This thread has been most entertaining - you could almost base a sitcom on it.

Have a stab at it Beaky. Might be just the idea they are looking for.

OK, closing this thread now as the originator has stated they're not entering in any more correspondence via the forums.

Think we've all learnt something here :-)