Sitcom ideas wanted by new production company Page 6

Quote: Chappers @ May 2 2013, 9:46 PM BST

Yeah wind is about all you're good for.

Hilarious. Try and work that zinger into the next Newmans strip.

I would but we can't find a decent story boarder.

Quote: Chappers @ May 2 2013, 9:46 PM BST

Yeah wind is about all you're good for.

Don Coyote, eat your heart out...

Quote: don rushmore @ May 1 2013, 11:51 PM BST

Terry the Teaboy and Darren the Doorman have been signed up as writers. But their star name is Elaine from Logistics - she once had a text read out on Bargain Hunt.

That's the thing, isn't it? I don't understand what the whole deal is but it seems unlikely to be quite as exciting as the OP projected. They have writers 'on board' without any ideas? Are there actually professional comedy writers involved, or just one person with a Newsjack credit? Why would a full-time comedy writer commit to a project that doesn't even exist?

They are not looking for professionals. Just ideas.

There's only one way to find out - and that's talk to them.
I know it might look like I'm changing my position on this, but I'm not really.
As I've said, taken as read, the set-up looks dubious.
But they're probably just guys trying to get stuff made and think this might be a way forward.
As long as people go in aware of the possible areas of concern and don't let themselves get stiffed, who knows?
My advice would be, if you can't get the writing gig, don't bother - being re-written is a pretty wretched business and you'd want at least some decent wedge and proper credits if you're going to go through that.

You don't have to talk to them. Look at the website.

Quote: Marc P @ May 3 2013, 9:45 AM BST

You don't have to talk to them. Look at the website.

Yeah - I know what you mean.
I read it and thought "Not for me".
It's just if you are intrigued and want to know more, there's not a lot of point in posting questions on here.
I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge task to get hold of a phone number - talk to the bloke.
Treat it as a contact rather than another Amateur Hour competition that you need to enter.

But , you're right, the web-site doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

Quote: Marc P @ May 3 2013, 9:27 AM BST

They are not looking for professionals. Just ideas.

No, but the original post says they have professional writers already on their team.

020 7096 0722

Quote: MCharsley @ May 3 2013, 9:54 AM BST

No, but the original post says they have professional writers already on their team.

No they don't. Professional writers write. And happy to say who they are.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 3 2013, 9:51 AM BST

Yeah - I know what you mean.
I read it and thought "Not for me".
It's just if you are intrigued and want to know more, there's not a lot of point in posting questions on here.
I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge task to get hold of a phone number - talk to the bloke.
Treat it as a contact rather than another Amateur Hour competition that you need to enter.

But , you're right, the web-site doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

I dunno, he posted it on a public forum. There's no reason he can't answer the questions here, it's a discussion.

Quote: MCharsley @ May 3 2013, 10:18 AM BST

I dunno, he posted it on a public forum. There's no reason he can't answer the questions here, it's a discussion.

Each to his own.
All I know is if I was even faintly interested I'd have spoken to the bloke by now.

Let's discuss this over the phone Lazzard!

I don't think Lazzard needs ideas. Money maybe for them and some new shears?