What DVD are you watching? Page 26

Peep show

The wank bullet episode

Watched another from Dr. Finlay's Casebook last night, which had John Junkin as the main character and it was quite funny actually,and most enjoyable.

I watched Man On The Moon which I think is Carrey's best role. For goofball comedy it has to be Dumb & Dumber but for a more serious acting role Man On The Moon is his best film. I'm not normally a fan of Courtney Love but she's also very good in it.

Dylan Moran: Off The Hook
Pretty good. out of his 5 stand up DVDs I think Monster is still the best one.

I also watched the Clint Eastwood western Joe Kidd earlier but I fell asleep before the end. I hate that.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th March 2016, 11:08 PM BST

Dylan Moran: Off The Hook
Pretty good.

I was very confused watching that DVD. I liked it but It seemed really different from when I'd seen it live. I thought I was going mad at first but apparently it was quite different.

Game of Throats series 5 here

Would have preferred I Claudius given the same budget

"That's My Boy" DVD I treated myself to of the series starring Jimmy Clitheroe that apparently only aired in the Midlands and the North of England (no wonder I don't remember it), but what I watched which is tacked onto this series is the only surviving episode of "Just Jimmy", which is loosely based on his radio series "The Clitheroe Kid". Not as funny as the radio series but quite enjoyable for those of us who are fascinated by early B&W TV, with Danny Ross from the radio series (playing a not so dim cousin as against Jimmy's sister's boyfriend) and a young Mollie Sugden as Jimmy's mother.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2016, 9:40 AM BST

"That's My Boy" DVD I treated myself to of the series starring Jimmy Clitheroe that apparently only aired in the Midlands and the North of England (no wonder I don't remember it)

I'm fairly sure that got airing here in sometime in the last ten years.

That's been in my wish list for ages

Love the 'clitheroe kid'

Quote: reds @ 2nd April 2016, 11:11 AM BST

I'm fairly sure that got airing here in sometime in the last ten years.

My goodness, a series from the early 60s! Can't see that happening in the UK, especially an obscure one like that.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd April 2016, 11:21 AM BST

That's been in my wish list for ages

Love the 'clitheroe kid'

Get it! :D But as I said, I don't think it as funny as the radio series, which I love - the banter between him and Danny Ross is not quite the same, which was hilarious on the The Jimmy Clitheroe Show.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2016, 12:04 PM BST

My goodness, a series from the early 60s! Can't see that happening in the UK, especially an obscure one like that.

Hmm. It may not be the one I was thinking of then. Whatever I was thinking was made after Are You Been Served?. About the early 90's I thought. It definitely did have Mollie Sugden in, but I only saw a few episodes. Maybe it was some other sitcom but I might have read about the one you are talking about on here and be getting them mixed up.

Police Squad.
Drebin-"Police. Can we come in?".
Woman-"Is this some kind of bust?".
Drebin-"Thats very impressive ma'am but we're here on police business"
Priceless

Ricky gervais show. Series 3

Quote: reds @ 2nd April 2016, 1:45 PM BST

Hmm. It may not be the one I was thinking of then. Whatever I was thinking was made after Are You Been Served?. About the early 90's I thought. It definitely did have Mollie Sugden in, but I only saw a few episodes. Maybe it was some other sitcom but I might have read about the one you are talking about on here and be getting them mixed up.

There was (by coincidence) a "That's My Boy" late 80s series she was in, but it could have been "Grace and Favour" you saw, which was a spin off of "Are You Being Served" where she played Mrs.Slocombe?

Had an evening of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" from my box sets. Remember these well from the late 50s early 60s - 25 minute stories with a twist. Excellent!