What DVD are you watching? Page 16

50 Shades.

Still wading through "Queenie's Castle" - half way through Disc 2. Dated but enjoyable.

I am on the Third Series of Operation Good Guys.. Episode Six - Operation Snowdrop.. Classic!!!

I just bought Ted. I was watching the trailers because I couldn't be sure they were straight or not.

Quote: Gloomjuice @ 29th June 2015, 1:06 PM BST

I am on the Third Series of Operation Good Guys.. Episode Six - Operation Snowdrop.. Classic!!!

Yay!!

OGG ftw!

Finally got to watch the final two episodes of Poirot that I recorded on to DVD last Christmas..........or was it 2013? :S

Now watching my brand new Arrow Video blu ray of Mona Lisa. I've seen it before so I'm watching it with the Neil Jordan and Bob Hoskins commentary track.

Brilliant film. One of the best British films of the 80s. I think I'd put it third behind The Long Good Friday (Hoskins again) and Local Hero.

Bob Hoskins is an absolute force on screen. Such a nice guy off screen. I wish he was still around. At least he didn't have to go through the slow decline of Parkinson's Disease.

Aw yeah, Hoskins was brilliant.

(You might want to fix that typo, I got a very vivid image...) ;)

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 6th July 2015, 10:34 PM BST

Bob Hoskins is an absolute force on screen. Suck a nice guy off screen. I wish he was still around. At least he didn't have to go through the slow decline of Parkinson's Disease.

Quote: zooo @ 6th July 2015, 11:38 PM BST

;)

Quote: zooo @ 6th July 2015, 11:38 PM BST

Whoops! I was up to the bit when he's visiting the brothels when I typed that. Must have got distracted. Thanks Zooo.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 7th July 2015, 12:07 AM BST

Whoops! I was up to the bit when he's visiting the brothels when I typed that. Must have got distracted. Thanks Zooo.

Too late. It's preserved for posterity.

Great actor no doubt LGF, Pennies from Heaven etc. but I always felt he was miscast in Who Framed Roger Rabbit - should have been Danny de Vito.

Just watched another DVD I recorded from a couple of years ago, and a British one this time that I had seen bits of, and often wondered what it was like.

Hue and Cry - post war London "comedy" crook caper with Jack Warner as a villain (which doesn't quite work although he was good) and a very young Harry Fowler as the leader of a gang of kids "what solves the crime". Not a bad story although a bit stilted and was saved by Alastair Sim as the bungling writer of crime stories in a kid's comic.

Not one I would watch again, but worth a look if only for the nostalgia.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th July 2015, 10:50 PM BST

Just watched another DVD I recorded from a couple of years ago, and a British one this time that I had seen bits of, and often wondered what it was like.

Hue and Cry - post war London "comedy" crook caper with Jack Warner as a villain (which doesn't quite work although he was good) and a very young Harry Fowler as the leader of a gang of kids "what solves the crime". Not a bad story although a bit stilted and was saved by Alastair Sim as the bungling writer of crime stories in a kid's comic.

Not one I would watch again, but worth a look if only for the nostalgia.

I forgot to mention - in a fruiterer's warehouse at Covent Garden where some of the scenes were set was a box with BOTOX writ large on the side.

Summat and Nuthin'

Phoenix Nights - just finished series 2. Class stuff!

Starting Max and Paddy tomorrow