One Foot In The Grave

I don't know if there is already a thread for this but who else love this sitcom?

One Foot in the Grave is a BBC television sitcom series written by David Renwick. The show ran for six series, including seven Christmas specials, two Comic Relief specials, over an eleven-year period, from early 1990 to late 2000. The latter Comic Relief special was shown after the series officially ended in spring 2001.

The series features the exploits of Victor Meldrew, played by Richard Wilson, and his long-suffering wife, Margaret, played by Annette Crosbie, in their battle against the trials of modern life. Living in a typical household in an unnamed English suburb, Victor takes involuntary early retirement. His various efforts to keep himself busy, while encountering various misfortunes and misunderstandings are the themes of the sitcom. The series was largely filmed on location in Walkford, near New Milton in Hampshire, although several clues show that the series may have been set in Hampshire - possibly Winchester
Despite its traditional production, the series supplants its domestic sitcom setting with elements of black humour and surrealism.

I think this a a fantastic early 1990s sitcoms.

Quote: george roper @ March 23 2013, 2:02 PM GMT

I don't know if there is already a thread for this but who else love this sitcom?

"Love" isn't exactly the right word but I really like it and am amazed how "dirty" some jokes are. The main cast is excellent and it's shame how underused Angus Deayton is in the final series (which I finished watching a week ago). He's great as the extra cynical neighbour. Cool how he dislikes Victor and doesn't realise that he becomes more and more like him.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ March 23 2013, 2:16 PM GMT

...it's shame how underused Angus Deayton is in the final series (which I finished watching a week ago). He's great as the extra cynical neighbour. Cool how he dislikes Victor and doesn't realise that he becomes more and more like him.

I think they deliberately rationed Patrick and Pippa - and Nick Swainey, for that matter. Shame I know, but maybe it would have turned into Never the Twain otherwise.

Quote: Dave @ March 23 2013, 2:26 PM GMT

and Nick Swainey

Oh yeah, forgot about him. He was great too.

The latter Comic Relief special was shown after the series officially ended in spring 2001.

Yes, I love the show. But I never understood why they did a Comic Releif sketch in 2001 when they had killed Victor off a year before.
:S

Quote: G180e @ March 23 2013, 3:05 PM GMT

Yes, I love the show. But I never understood why they did a Comic Releif sketch in 2001 when they had killed Victor off a year before.
:S

Well, he was a ghost in it.

I reckon this had years left in it because it was simply good.Couldn't agree more George.

Quote: Dave @ March 24 2013, 11:08 AM GMT

Well, he was a ghost in it.

Yes , but it just wasn't believeable. They should have left it. :O

Quote: G180e @ March 24 2013, 12:42 PM GMT

Yes , but it just wasn't believeable. They should have left it. :O

That was my reaction when I watched it . . I don't believe it !

:D

I don't know if there is already a thread for this...

Do you know how to do a search?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/4983/

Oops, didn't see this thread. Thanks, Badge.
Thread closed.