On The Buses Series 1 re-release?

I spotted this. Why is Series 1 getting a re-release? This seems odd considering none of the others are getting a rerelease.

See Amazon product listing

Because Series 1 is the first. The clue's in the number. A re-release of Series 2 will no doubt follow a few months later, and so on.

Quote: G180e @ March 16 2013, 3:22 PM GMT

I spotted this. Why is Series 1 getting a re-release? This seems odd considering none of the others are getting a rerelease.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2013, 4:16 PM GMT

Because Series 1 is the first. The clue's in the number. A re-release of Series 2 will no doubt follow a few months later, and so on.

Sometimes life isn't complicated at all.

Errr

Dunno but if you click on the link the other series are there in the same cover design i.e. cartoon top, photo bottom.

Could there be extras on it?

Very unlikely. I'm awaiting confirmation from Network, but it's almost certainly a straight repackaging.

I buy the DVDs then wait for the one with extras to come out. But I would love to see commentary by Stephen Lewis.

Quote: David Smith @ March 17 2013, 10:28 AM GMT

I buy the DVDs then wait for the one with extras to come out. But I would love to see commentary by Stephen Lewis.

Oh yes , that would be ace!

or outtakes deleted scenes or cast interview talking about their time on on the buses.

There's something about On The Buses - it's so awful, I like it.

The first series is probably the best by some distance. The characters have yet to become ridiculous bellowing hate-filled stereotypes, the situations are believable, Cicely Courtneidge actually bothers to act, the scripts are fresh and the black & white filming lends an air of period vérité to the proceedings.

Cicely Courtneidge was shit for playing Mrs Butler. Doris Hare was way better.

I couldn't imagine Cicely indulging in the shouting and hollering that the show descended in to if that's what you mean.

I've spoken to Network now and can confirm that this is indeed a straight re-release of the earlier DVD issues. Exactly the same content, packaging and casing, simply reissued.

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2013, 4:16 PM GMT

Just saw this, classic Laughing out loud Laughing out loud