Funny Women Awards 2013

"The comedy script can take the form of a sitcom, sketch, comedy drama, character monologue, anything realy! But it must feel like it would work as a coherent whole across a 30 minute audience experience i.e. ten 3 minute web viral episodes stuck together is NOT a 30 minute script.

Entries will be 8-15 pages maximum of a 30 minutes comedy script for television."

"The Prize:
£500 script option fee for a 12 month development period, including three weeks intensive mentoring to complete the 30 minute script with dedicated access to a professional script editor."

http://www.funnywomen.com/comedy-writing-award

Sexist.

Quote: Poirot @ March 15 2013, 9:45 PM GMT

Sexist.

Rolling eyes

Hey. I know, let's not do that terrible forum thing where someone says this is in some way inversely sexist and it's awful that shit blokey writers don't get their own competition and instead say - excellent, good luck to all, remember us when you're famous

Yeah, alright. Irony excepted.

Quote: Trinder @ March 15 2013, 9:47 PM GMT

Hey. I know, let's not do that terrible forum thing where someone says this is in some way inversely sexist and it's awful that shit blokey writers don't get their own competition and instead say - excellent, good luck to all, remember us when you're famous

Gosh, could we? :)

To quote me:

"Funny women? Don't make me laugh!"

Laughing out loud

I should win this competition!

Sexist.

Perhaps I'm not looking thoroughly enough, but I don't see anything in the criteria that suggests gender being a factor in this competition.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 15 2013, 10:33 PM GMT

Perhaps I'm not looking thoroughly enough, but I don't see anything in the criteria that suggests gender being a factor in this competition.

Ha ha! You're right. Other than title, no entry requirements mention gender!

Quote: Loopey @ March 15 2013, 8:03 PM GMT

...including three weeks intensive mentoring to complete the 30 minute script with dedicated access to a professional

He's one of best...

Sexist.

:O don't shoot the messenger.

Quote: Trinder @ March 15 2013, 9:47 PM GMT

Hug

15 quid registration fee. Ouch :(

Quote: AJGO @ March 16 2013, 11:05 PM GMT

Please add you own miss whiplash joke

Google 'funny women pay to play' and you'll see this debate has been going on for a while now.

Not so much an award as a competition, then.

I'm never sure about paying for entries - I appreciate there are probably costs to cover but there are plenty of competitions and opportunities where a fee is not required. I try and consider each on its merits.

I'm not entering this but thought it might be of interest to some of you.