It's Kevin Page 8

Loving this, it's got some great stuff in there, and the different song in the titles each week makes my day.

In the bit about the acts of King Leonard they should have put 'ban crackling' last. And the shot of Kevin in the sack needed to be longer.

I thought last night's was the best of the bunch, lots of laughs in there.

Me too, I don't know what it was but the commercial break for bucket warehouse made me laugh so much. They kept saying "bucket of waters" and it tickled me.

The vicars sketch itself was great too. I think this suffers from scheduling. It should be on about 11.30pm Friday night. It's perfect for that post-pub time when you're still quite lively and in a good mood (and a bit out of it) and you watch it thinking "how did something so weird even get on TV?" :D

Quote: gappy @ April 22 2013, 1:03 PM BST

I thought last night's was the best of the bunch, lots of laughs in there.

+1

I laughed at almost everything. The bird in the box still has me chuckling hours later.

Quote: Snafu @ April 22 2013, 6:05 PM BST

They kept saying "bucket of waters" and it tickled me.

And this.

Last night's show was definitely on par with episode two.

Hopefully next week's finale will be of similar quality.

Quote: brianin france @ April 8 2013, 6:11 PM BST

I then looked at the side-by-side Sex-pistols/Amish videos. The humour comes from the notion of Amish speaking like the SPs. That's in the first half-second. It's a promise of something wonderful but it never arrives. What follows is wasted time.

I thought the humour came from the notion of the Sex Pistols looking like the Amish. I mean, who cares what the Amish speak like?

I liked the coked-up pharoahs.

Quote: Rupe @ April 25 2013, 5:10 PM BST

I thought the humour came from the notion of the Sex Pistols looking like the Amish. I mean, who cares what the Amish speak like?

Who cares what the Sex Pistols look like? Their interview with Bill Grundy took place on 1 December 1976. Jim Callaghan was Prime Minister. The number one record was Showaddywaddy's Under The Moon Of Love. Swap Shop and The New Avengers had just started.

Simply the only watchable sketch show, genius!

And certainly the only one with a sense of danger and unpredictability

Really enjoyed tonight's last show

Loads of laughs, loved it. It's quite a quirky and unusual show but without being alienatingly (is that a word??) so.

I enjoyed last night's, but it wasn't up to the heights of eps 2 or 5.

It's been an odd series, and very enjoyable. I love the look, the pace, the character, but I wish there were a little more meat on the bones sometimes, a really clever, developed sketch to get your teeth into (I suppose the WWI crab tank one would fit, but this is an exception).

All the sketches were built on thin material and were then a) extended audaciously, which could be quite good fun (cf M. Coupon), b) throw out with such charm and skill that you didn't mind that you'd essentially heard the joke before (cf Standing-Up Saleem), or c) sort of pointless (cf dubstep is, like, noisy!!!1!1).

In short, it's the best sketch show that's ben on telly for some years, just by dint of having its own character, and the dedication to write more than one bleeding episode, but it won't quite find its way into the pantheon.

Getting my nerd on here...

Anyone else notice that Standing-Up Salim was the same guy who played Synthesizer Patel in Look Around You?

I just cracked up when the titles came up and Kevin was dressed as a cowboy.

I have no idea why.

It's the same thing Vic Reeves used to do about reaching some hidden primitive part of the brain.

I've no idea how it works, but it does.