It's Kevin Page 5

Quote: Mr Snodworthy @ March 26 2013, 8:56 PM GMT

I'm left wondering what you're on about. Hitler's been banned from what?

Well if you're going to write for kid's TV you wouldn't write about curtains and pensions (did you like those sort of things when you were a tyke?) and you couldn't write about Hitler, except in passing.

I think the funniest moment for me was how his tax collector sat on the chair.

In that physical gesture he expressed; embarassment, humour and a dark edge of madness.

F**k you Charlie Chaplin here is our new messiah.

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 27 2013, 9:54 AM GMT

Well if you're going to write for kid's TV you wouldn't write about curtains and pensions (did you like those sort of things when you were a tyke?) and you couldn't write about Hitler, except in passing.

Actually there's been loads of stuff on kids sketch shows about pensioners etc. As for Hitler being "banned" from children's TV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhgAtA_1Y0

To be fair though I watched episode 2 again tonight and I liked it more. At least it's not formulaic or tedious. I just enjoy the harder edged stuff he does that's all. I mean, that Venus Human Trap sketch was just embarrassing. The show's definitely a grower, though.

Loving this.

Watched this last night. Thought it was awful, bar one sketch. It was like a perfectly able bodied, but non-songwriting, member of a successful band had been given a record company advance to make his own album and, despite getting in lots of good musicians (comic actors in this case) to play on it, coming up with an album that proved that as good a band member as he is, he can't write songs. Or, as my other half said whilst we watched in virtual silence throughout "there's surreal comedy and there's not funny. This is not funny."

Quote: Agnes Guano @ March 19 2013, 8:25 PM GMT

I don't think people would be quite so generous to this show if wasn't the work of 'comedy legend' Kevin Eldon.

This. Amazed it's got so many good comments on here. It was dreadful. In contrast, I recorded Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience and watched that after 'Kevin' and laughed consistently throughout. Eldon's stuff, bar the very rare exception, is just childish or unfunny, or often both.

But did you like it or not, Aldeem?

He liked the guy with the pincer hands.

Quote: Marc P @ March 28 2013, 9:45 AM GMT

He liked the guy with the pincer hands.

The only sketch I found funny was the restaurant music one, though the ending was a bit laboured.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 26 2013, 1:45 PM GMT

It's not for me to say I clearly influenced him, without credit of any kind. ;)

You should have read the clause!

The whole thing reminds me of The Smell Of Reeves And Mortimer, but in a good way.

How in f**k's name could that ever be in a bad way?

If it was a derivative copy like Noel Fielding's shit fest.

Jeez zooo is your early morning cuppa late or your late morning buckfast late?

Quote: sootyj @ March 28 2013, 10:24 AM GMT

If it was a derivative copy like Noel Fielding's shit fest.

There's more than one type of surrealism, y'know. Yellow Submarine is a different film than Magical Mystery Tour, for example. Your subconscious is probably sicker than mine. And so on.