It's Kevin Page 4

Did anyone spot Hattie Hayridge?

The latest episode to be beamed into my retinas and through to various sensory receptors in my brain was quite the delight.

Ooh; well episode two was rather great, wasn't it?

I am very glad this is on, very glad indeed, otherwise there would be barely any new comedy shows worth watching. I loved the Moose-Human.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 26 2013, 11:48 AM GMT

Ooh; well episode two was rather great, wasn't it?

When the man grew pincer hands, we all thought of you. ;)

Quote: zooo @ March 26 2013, 1:31 PM GMT

When the man grew pincer hands, we all thought of you. ;)

It's not for me to say I clearly influenced him, without credit of any kind. ;)

Episode 2. Loved it loved it loved it. Were there even any misses?

Brilliant. Thanks Kev.

I seem to have been watching a different show. It's mainly been a bit lame for me so far. All a bit kiddie's telly. I mean, The Incredible Moose Human where he grows antlers and knocks things over? Godzilla Black? Venus Human Trap? Arm dandruff? And is anyone actually laughing at the 'Hitler With George Martin's Voice' recurring sketch? Eh?

Have to admit I giggled at the swearing singer in the Turkish restaurant but the show's been a lot more miss than hit for me. It'd be truly awful without Kevin's charisma to carry it. A real shame.

Also in the Portuguese 'Horrible Lottery' sketch, where the guy gets punched in the face and moans in pain for ages seemed to me a blatant rip-off of this famous Family Guy gag. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBl_XIUzgQ

Quote: Mr Snodworthy @ March 26 2013, 5:22 PM GMT

All a bit kiddie's telly. I mean.

What sketches about curtains and pensions? Hitler's been banned from it, as well.

I'm left wondering what Mr Snodworthy's humour is like.

Episode two was a step up, in number of laughs, I thought. The World War One plan sketch was my favourite from the radio show, and it was good here.

I wish the visuals were just a little bit MORE nightmarish, however. They're surreal enough (Simon Munnery evolving), but don't have that creepiness of Vic & Bob that haunts you for days (and years) after..!

Quote: Snafu @ March 26 2013, 8:38 PM GMT

I wish the visuals were just a little bit MORE nightmarish, however. They're surreal enough (Simon Munnery evolving), but don't have that creepiness of Vic & Bob that haunts you for days (and years) after..!

I don't think it's meant to be going for that same slightly unnerving edge as Vic & Bob, though. It's more straight up silly.

If you want that, you might be better served by Tim & Eric.

I find the way he sings part of the intro song quite scarily creepy! In a good way, like.

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 26 2013, 6:47 PM GMT

What sketches about curtains and pensions? Hitler's been banned from it, as well.

I'm left wondering what Mr Snodworthy's humour is like.

I'm left wondering what you're on about. Hitler's been banned from what?

^^Yeah, you're both exactly right. I think from the cast (David Cann, Julia Davis, and Mr Eldon himself) along with the bizarre intro, it sets a tone that makes me think of V&B / Blue Jam, etc. Whereas the show itself is quite light and playful for the most part.

If anything, it reminds me of a slightly less surreal Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.