Friday Football Special

There's a show currently being broadcast on YouTube and itunes that is always keen to hear from comedy writers with quickfire footie related sketches and one liners, either topical or generic.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIDKhCNrVpUZrB-RDE7fTuAdn03vJ2B7S

Quality production.

Is there a webpage outlining the submission rules/details?

I'll try and find some details for you.

OK,here's a generic brief for all you budding football comedy writers: We're looking for... one liners, quick win sketches - 10-20 sec long with strong set-up and gag. Sketches under a minute long, it'd be great if you could come up with anything that would be good to include through March, something along the lines of: FA Cup, relegation battle, World Cup qualifiers, Europa / Champions League...

Are there any characters you could create a series of one-liners for?
Goal line technology...it has arrived! (Inappropriate replays)
Out of context characters (Jamie Carragher presenting Radio 4's Woman's Hour, etc). Any non-verbal ideas (We've recently commissioned an Alex Ferguson chewing gum sketch), Any kind of 'vehicle' to exploit a footballing quirk...Also, in the next week or so, we're really looking to get sketches other material around the following:

- One or two-liners around Roy Hodgson, England and World Cup qualifications. Roy 'Ray' Hodgson as a secret jazz musician, perhaps? Do England prepare for San Marino by getting fake tan?
- More statistical based humour with Professor Stat
- One-liners involving the adventures of Diego Maradona, the gift which keeps on giving.

Contributions can be sent for consideration to FFS@zubox.tv For the attention of Nick

PS - I can vouch for them as I myself submitted some stuff which has been accepted

Thanks for the additional info. This looks like a very cool opportunity.

By the way, which format did you submit your material in? (doc, fdx, pdf, etc.)

Just a word document including name of show and my contact details in the footer.

I sent off some material last night, and they've emailed me back to tell me they like it.

However, before things can progress any further, they want me to print off and sign a couple of legal documents.

I'm a bit hesitant about doing this, though, as I know virtually nothing about the company and found some of the legalese confusing.

I just don't know whether the benefits outweigh the risks.

Does it ask for any flesh at all?

It's probably a standard document, I'd have thought. Anything untoward in there?

Dan

It all seems above board to me. They are a friendly bunch to deal with too. They just want to protect themselves contractually I should imagine. I've already invoiced them and there's talk of getting paid within the week.

Quote: swerytd @ March 13 2013, 4:34 PM GMT

Does it ask for any flesh at all?

It's probably a standard document, I'd have thought. Anything untoward in there?

Dan

There are three documents in total. A 'non-disclosure agreement', a 'contributor service agreement' and an 'IP assignment agreement'.

The 'contributor service agreement' is the longest - containing dozens of clauses spread out over six pages.

It probably is all above board. It's just that knowing very little about the company itself and legal matters in general, I'm a bit nervous in case there's anything that could come back and bite me in the arse.

Is there a deadline for this?

It's ongoing blahblah. Every Friday until whenever.

Thanks. Just sent a couple of sketches and some one liners

Here's today's issue http://youtu.be/ieHQvg6ec_E