Lee Nelson's Well Funny People

Just watched the trailer for this. I am big fan of Lee Nelson. I really did like Well Good Show and his Live DVD. This show does look rather promising on the whole. :D

I am normally quite reserved in my judgments on here, I try and offer creative criticism and judge things fairly. At least I like to think so. But really, that was shit. That was the shittest thing I have seen in a very long while. Not just shit but really shit. The sort of shit that makes me redefine what I really mean by the word shit. Shit writing, shit performances, shit acting, shit editing, shit everything. Like a shitting monkey cage full of festering monkey shit with a dead monkey in a baseball cap lying on top. Shit.

I can't stand this Lee Nelson. He makes Russell Howard look clever and hilarious.

Heard him do a gag about the police threatening to dock his licence but he was lucky because didn't have one.

First heard that in a Will Hay film from the 1930s.

That was pretty terrible. Pity, I see this guy (Broadrick? Forget his name) as someone with talent who is content to aim very low. Also, I don't like character comedy, people tend to think of characters instead of jokes and accents instead of sketches.

I did quite like the quickie about the Manchester lads who are "let down by the system"...but I guaran-damn-tee the same joke will come up in the next 5 episodes.

Edit: Simon Brodkin, just looked it up.

Meanwhile, I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Blimey! Good luck to you.

I loved this. I loved his Geordie chef one and the gangster headmaster. Can't wait for tonight's. :)

I haven't seen any of this new show but I think that Simon Brodkin is a real talent. His mock football character Jason Bent is brilliantly judged.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 21 2013, 1:32 AM GMT

I haven't seen any of this new show but I think that Simon Brodkin is a real talent. His mock football character Jason Bent is brilliantly judged.

He will be soon....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a466232/lee-nelson-comic-simon-brodkin-arrested-for-joining-man-city-training.html

Lee Nelson is a funny geeza, he sees the silly/funny side of things in life and does a good job of mocking them. I know he can be a bit verbose, but I like that in any kind of comedy, and I think it's that that carries his style of comedy.

Did anyone see the comedy rant on Comic Relief by James Corden about Give, Give, Give? I personally think that would have been much better done by Lee Nelson.

Quote: Will Cam @ March 21 2013, 8:46 AM GMT

He will be soon....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a466232/lee-nelson-comic-simon-brodkin-arrested-for-joining-man-city-training.html

Indeed! :D

Is this any good? I Loved Well Good Show and his Live Show. Do you recommend this?

Yes.

Quote: Aaron @ March 23 2013, 5:25 PM GMT

Yes.

I'll give it a look. ;)