Gogglebox Page 2

Quote: Tursiops @ 7th October 2014, 11:31 PM BST

Do they ever watch themselves on Goggelbox watching themselves on Googlebox as they watch themselves on Googlebox, like an ever receding reflection in a hall of a mirrors?

Yes, they do watch themselves watching themselves watching TV when they win a BAFTA in the last episode of the last series. It's just so good that I don't even care whether it's scripted or real.

Has anyone been watching the more recent series? There are some gems, but some of it is decidedly patchy to say the least.

I think the funniest one for me is possibly the northern girl who watches with her parents. (And a TINY dog!)

Quote: zooo @ 24th October 2015, 6:58 PM BST

I think the funniest one for me is possibly the northern girl who watches with her parents. (And a TINY dog!)

Scarlett Moffat - she's quite a legend (well, on Buzzfeed) - http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/scarlett-moffatt-really-is-the-most-underrated-contributor-o

I like the Malones with their five rottweilers in a terrace(?) house. It reminds me of one of Father Larry Duff's misfortunes.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 24th October 2015, 7:08 PM BST

Scarlett Moffat - she's quite a legend (well, on Buzzfeed) - http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/scarlett-moffatt-really-is-the-most-underrated-contributor-o

Hehehe. She is hilarious.

I like the Malones with their five rottweilers in a terrace(?) house. It reminds me of one of Father Larry Duff's misfortunes.

I've taken agin them for some reason. The dad annoys me. And the absurd amount of doggage.

What is the relationship between the oldish woman and the middleaged gay bloke who live in a caravan? Mother and son? Friends? I've always wondered.

Quote: zooo @ 24th October 2015, 7:17 PM BST

Hehehe. She is hilarious.

I've taken agin them for some reason. The dad annoys me. And the absurd amount of doggage.

What is the relationship between the oldish woman and the middleaged gay bloke who live in a caravan? Mother and son? Friends? I've always wondered.

She is indeed - amazingly perceptive for one so young.

I'm guessing that she's an old friend of his? I wonder whether they live in the caravan full time as it's freezing enough in London during the winter, let alone the east coast? Bizarre.

*does important Gogglebox research*
They are best friends of 21 years, and met when she was his pub landlady. Only she lives in the caravan.

Quote: zooo @ 24th October 2015, 8:18 PM BST

*does important Gogglebox research*
They are best friends of 21 years, and met when she was his pub landlady. Only she lives in the caravan.

Good work Agent Zooo.

I reckon he lives in a beach hut though with an en suite bucket.

I got fed up with it when I started watching myself watching television as if I was on television watching people on television being televised. But then again there are pluses and minuses with being an unseen spiritual medium and I've always said that to people when they weren't looking or even hearing me. Yes?

I laugh harder at this show than with most scripted comedies. Giles and Mary are legends.

There's only a few of them I could do without. It is rather well cast.

Luckily the one I like the least doesn't seem to be in it much anymore.

Maybe I should give it another chance but from what I've seen I would rather eat Peacock's vomit than watch Gogglebox. People I don't know talking about TV shows I don't watch isn't very appealing but what is most annoying is some of them are now considered 'stars'. It used to take years, even decades of hard slog for people to get to 'star' status but now it seems possible to achieve it practically overnight and for doing bugger all.

It's true, I only really enjoy the bits where they watch something I watched.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th April 2017, 9:42 PM

People I don't know talking about TV shows I don't watch isn't very appealing

That's not really what you're watching. You're watching a carefully contrived show where raw footage of those people is skilfully put together to create a highly polished end product.

I miss silent Jay. When he went I assumed his girlfriend dumped him for being a crashing bore, but apparently they just edited out his audible moments. Brilliant hook as I for one would watch every week just to see if he'd actually say something, but now he's gone . . .

Huh?