Anna & Katy - Series 1

Since there's no thread for this I've had to start one! You people.

Anyway, I thought it was mildly enjoyable. There was stuff that got tired very quick (the Congratulation runner), but there was some not bad stuff as well, especially the German countdown and the Apprentice spoof. That said, I hope they don't rely too heavily on these during the coming weeks.

I could watch a half hour show of Kuntwort.

I found the 'countdown' thing a bit numberwank.

Performances were great but I felt like every sketch went on a bit too long.

I think the first episode showed great promise. I hope that we don't see the same six sketches repeated over and over throughout the series as tends to be the trend these days. I remain hopeful.

missed this when this was on the first episode?

Click the link through to our guide, George. :)

Glad someone could decipher that.

Just caught this on 4oD. Loved the pilot, liked the first episode. Kuntworts was very funny, I'm wondering which other shows are going to get the German remake treatment!

I find Katy Wix talking in a Jamaican accent quite sexy. Not sure why.

Is it because while doing so she flashes her bits and bobs?

To be filed alongside Cardinal Burns: two very good performers, who work well together, doing sketches that start off interestingly, but don't have the legs. Lots of accents in place of jokes.

I'll give it another shot, though. I could warm to it immensely or (more likely I fear) all 6 episodes will effectively be the same sketches with fractional changes, because that's how it works nowadays.

Quote: gappy @ March 12 2013, 9:09 AM GMT

two very good performers, who work well together, doing sketches that start off interestingly, but don't have the legs. Lots of accents in place of jokes.

.. all 6 episodes will effectively be the same sketches with fractional changes, because that's how it works nowadays.

Agree entirely. Moderate to good material, excellent performances.

As for the same few sketches repeated, I anticipate this also - probably a budget thing these days. More sets and costumes and makeup - more cost. Mind you, sexy Jamaican accents and pixellated undercarriages aside, I thought 'Congratulation' was a really bad sketch :)

But it's mildly amusing and I will watch the whole run on Catchup, although I will probably have the laptop out and be half working at the same time.

The material referenced the likes of The Fast Show, Mitchell & Webb, As Seen on TV and Watson & Oliver, but crudely, while the performances were surprisingly broad, and to be frank, bad.

Shame, I was hitherto quite well disposed towards both performers.

Dreadful tripe, trite, unoriginal, badly acted and scripted, this show was lazy and seemed more like a vanity project where the performers were having more fun than the audience. How did this get passed the pilot stage?

That seems a harsh appraisal, but I was disappointed that they had nothing left to surprise us with in ep 2, so I don't know whether I'll bother with the rest.

There's got to be a better way of writing sketch shows than showing the script to episode one to five children for 10 minutes, and then asking them to rewrite it from memory. Angry