The Office: Revisited

Well I have to say this is good news. I am happy that Ricky has decided to go back to the character. But we'll have to wait and see :)

What, where, when and how?

You do realise he does this character ALL the time?

It's just a Comic Relief thing.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001067/ricky_gervais_david_brent_comic_relief_2013/

Looks funny but using the same guy from the last episode of Derek in a very similar role is not the most creative ever.

The biddly biddly biddly bong bit at the end of the YouTube clip was funnier than anything in Life's Too Short or Derek so I can't complain. But he did say he'd never bring Brent back Huh?

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ February 28 2013, 5:52 PM GMT

The biddly biddly biddly bong bit at the end of the YouTube clip was funnier than anything in Life's Too Short or Derek so I can't complain. But he did say he'd never bring Brent back Huh?

It's for Comic Relief, I think he can be given the benefit of the doubt.

Are you sure? I seem to recall him saying he might because when The Ricky Gervais Show ended he said "its the final series but never say never like The Office" therefore technically he has never not ruled out bringing back Brent. Cool

He had to bring Brent back to remind people of why they ever liked him. Not that I ever enjoyed The Office.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ February 28 2013, 5:43 PM GMT

Looks funny but using the same guy from the last episode of Derek in a very similar role is not the most creative ever.

Maybe they filmed them at the same time. He was great anyway, so I'm glad to see more of him.

Quote: G180e @ February 28 2013, 6:11 PM GMT

Are you sure? I seem to recall him saying he might because when The Ricky Gervais Show ended he said "its the final series but never say never like The Office" therefore technically he has never not ruled out bringing back Brent. Cool

He said at the end of the making of The Office DVD Extra that "we won't bring it back, we mustn't"

It may have been a fleeting stance while he was still very protective of its legacy, but he said it.

It ended so perfectly. Do we want to see a sad, miserable Brent after the Christmas special where he grew a spine and found love?

I dunno. Unimpressed

It's only a silly little Comic Relief sketch though, I don't really see them as canon.

That little clip is funnier than anything Gervais has done in the last 6 years.

It is just Comic Relief fluff but the clip looked fairly funny and made me briefly forget the washed up old hack who churned out Derek and Life's Too Short.

It looks really good and funny. I would like to see Karl Pilkington in a little cameo in it.